JOB SUMMARY Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles events of average complexity. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Managing Event Logistics and Operations (Planning)
- Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Verifies that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and confirming accuracy.
- Promptly greets client during the event phase, executes the event and/or hands-off to the
- Event Operations team for the execution of details (as appropriate).
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Verifies billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with assigned group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and develop alternative solutions.
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
- Monitors guest deposits, room blocks, rooming list, cutoff dates, waitlist, overflow accommodations, and rooming requests (as applicable).
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees. • Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. • Sets a positive example for guest relations. • Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations. • Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. • Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales. • Follows up with customer post-event. • Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints. • Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience. • Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements. • Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans. • Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement. • Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. • Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback. • Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups. • Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
- Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups. • Up-sells products and services throughout the event process. • Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
• High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area. OR
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.