No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are passionate about growing business and people together using the experience and skills of our people in the best way. You are ready a for bigger scope of responsibility and are driven to exceed goals. You are curious to challenge existing ways of working and able to develop new knowledge, skills & behaviors. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School or Trade school graduate
- 3 – 5 years in Customer Service Management role, IKEA experience is highly preferred
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence
About the Role
You are responsible to drive sales growth and sustained long-term profitability by establishing and retaining a life-long relationship with existing and new customers. This is achieved by working in partnership with our customers and other functions. You secure an easy buying process from home to home, and understand and match customers’ needs and expectations now and, in the future, to motivate our customers to shop with us more frequently because they trust us to make their shopping experiences successful and their visits worthwhile; as every customer counts.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Lead and manage the team and work with colleagues in other functions to optimise the relationship with our customers in order to drive sales growth and sustained, long-term profitability.
- Drive and be the owner of the Commercial review in the store, co-operating and influencing the commercial team, the CR team and other support functions to ensure that they understand the customer’s perspective when implementing new solution and evaluating exiting ones.
- Know the local market and working with the commercial team to support commercial activities, this will convert more visitors to customers, and generate repeat store visits, balancing our business needs with our customers’ needs.
- Have in place service agreements with external providers, ensuring these are clearly communicated and priced in store, which support sales. Ensure they deliver a standard of service that contributes to making the IKEA store first choice for home furnishings.
- Work with the check-out and exchange and returns manager and store team to ensure the check-outs are appropriately staffed at all times of the day in order to make it easy and convenient for us to close sales.
- Analyse customer feedback to identify root causes, taking action to improve short and long-term customer satisfaction.
- Encourage the team to take fast action on ideas to improve our customers’ shopping experience, acting on customer feedback, competition and performance analysis.
- Educate the team in the IKEA Concept, and ensuring that they read and use the appropriate manuals from Inter IKEA Systems B.V. and other global solutions to help them maximise our customers’ shopping experience.
- Ensure the managers in the CRM department agree clear expectations and standards with their teams regarding routines and that they regularly follow up on these.
- Ensure quality standards are met in store by focusing on the detail in order that the store is clean and tidy at all times of the trading day.
- Take the service office input and co-ordinate it with the store potential in order to agree customer relation goals, which supports the achievement of the agreed store goals.
- By constantly monitoring our performance against agreed goals, adapting and taking action when required.
- Ensure all customer relations initiatives grow our business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability, always considering the impact on customer satisfaction.
- By delivering on agreed goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by:
- Analyse KPIs and working with the team to create meaningful actions to achieve agreed goals.
- Control costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, and encouraging the team and colleagues to discover more effective ways of working in order to drive productivity.
- Contribute with your expertise to achieve the store sales target
- Accountable for maintaining the store budget for the Com & In department
- Lead and manage the team and work with Store and Service Office colleagues to understand our local competitor service offers, our customers’ shopping behaviours and their living situations, and use these insights to improve our customers’ shopping experience. Coordinate one visit per year to customer houses.
- Work with the team to secure easy buying process, instant gratification and stock availability which will make it easy and convenient for our customers to shop at all times throughout the day and encourage repeat visits to the store.
- Ensure all the IKEA shopping tools are in place, in the right quantity and functioning effectively.
- Work with the team and other functions to promote and encourage a customer-focused culture throughout the store to ensure we are first choice for home furnishings and destination for the whole family.
- Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers and walk the shop floor during different times throughout the trading day. To use this opportunity to talk to co-workers, giving input and encouraging their feedback.
- To regularly meet with our customers to learn from their experiences, ideas and views in order to improve the home to home shopping experience. Organize in store customer intelligence surveys.
- Analyse feedback from our customers and work with my team and other functions to make improvements to our customers’ shopping experience by securing an easy buying process throughout the store.
People Management and Development
- Make sure all co-workers are properly trained and encourage them to participate in trainings and in development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs
- Manage the recruitment of the Customer relations department. Ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise, and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.