The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in the categories under management, including supply market management and development, strategic planning and execution, and contract and risk management activities, to meet business needs. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, lead and execute category plans and sourcing strategies based on research and analysis to optimize value for money outcomes and meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks to minimize negative impacts on category objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
- Develop and implement category management plan to meet business needs, enhance stakeholder engagement, and challenge and motivate providers to optimize service outcomes.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of category markets, suppliers and stakeholders and maintaining control of all category strategies, projects and arrangements, given the breadth and complexity of the category.
- Lead negotiations on high impact, complex supply arrangements and contract issues to deliver better category outcomes.
- Lead negotiations for large complex categories and significant projects (e.g. outsourcing agreements, Joint Ventures, partnerships)
- Monitor procurement and contract management risks and ensure that this informs contract development, management and procurement decisions.
- Lead sourcing activities and management of large, complex categories or projects and often facilitate expert reference groups.
- Lead the development of the supply base strategy within major markets and incorporate input from senior stakeholders and technical functions to obtain agreement to overarching strategy.
- Demonstrate expertise in the development of all types of market facing documents in all categories and types of procurement activity.
- Develop detailed Contract Management Plans, KPIs, performance reviews, governance structures, resources, benefits tracking and reporting for significant projects and procurement categories.
- Work closely with business areas to identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, ethical and supply chain risks emanating from procurement activity and supply base arrangements
- Follow procurement risk management processes for major projects and coach others within the team on how to conduct risk assessments using established processes and frameworks
The Person The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Post graduate qualification is a must, preferably in business, supply chain, procurement or Pharmacy
- Chartered of instituted of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) qualification would be a definite advantage
- Minimum 8 years Procurement experience in a wholesale / trading of pharmaceuticals activity
- Experience in Proven track records of category management plans and execution
Previous experience working in a healthcare environment is essential, specifically for a hospital or a pharmaceutical wholesaler
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.