Assistant Cost Controller
: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Assistant Cost Contoller
At Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, the Assistant Cost Controller will be assisting the Cost Controller with managing the supply budget and ensuring costs are minimised and correct stock levels are maintained.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo – Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others . Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club .
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Cost Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure appropriate cost control systems and procedures are developed and maintained.
- Provide outlet managers with monthly cost data and variance reports in order to allow them to analyze their performance and run their outlets efficiently.
- Analyze theoretical cost against actual. Challenge outlets to reduce wastage. Highlight to management any significant and/or unexplained gaps in theoretical to actual cost observed.
- Preparing the daily Food Flash & Beverage Report and month end report and forward to management for review.
- Daily Invoice Reconciliation
- Month end Journal Voucher
- Balance Birchstreet Purchases vs GL- Sun System
- Inventory Turnover Report
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation for Inventory Account
- Physical Inventory Counting for Month End.
- Spot Audit during Operation.
- Investigate spoilage/breakage & post through the System
- Review and update recipe costing to ensure correctness at all times
- Ensure that policies and processes on purchasing, receiving, transferring, issuing are updated and observed in accordance with the Internal Operating Procedures manual in order to be in line with company directives.
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills, Birch Street will be advantage.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
Previous experience within a 5 star Hotel is an asset
Strong Mathematical skills
Experience within the local market is an asset
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Management / Supervisory
: Day Job
: 29.Jan.2020, 10:59:00 PM
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.