Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Watch this video to know more about us!!
2. Provide support to maintain IT and Telecommunications systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
3. Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
4. Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations.
5. Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
6. Develop technical skills and knowledge, and build awareness of industry developments.
7. Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
8. Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
9. Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
10. Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and Telecommunications.
11. Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
12. Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
13. Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
14. Other as required.
Experience: Seven or more years of postgraduate professional experience in providing Technical support/ service desk / IT infrastructure management in large organisation/ITES environment. Experience in a managerial position and a multicultural work environment is also required.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
- Has assisted in the design and implementation of ITIL service management systems for handling customer requests.
- Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations user community.
- Has assisted with the specification, development, research and evaluation of client standards.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.