At Bombardier Aviation, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aviation is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager for its new Line Station located in Dubai.
The Dubai Line Station will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Centres; as well as a line maintenance stations.
In your role, you will:
- Be responsible for the maintenance operations of an OEM, Part 145 organisation.
- Manage the Maintenance Staff, and provide guidance to the Planning Department and Material Management.
- Perform management responsibilities for Maintenance Staff, for example:, PMP, merit reviews, PiPs, work assignments, approving and scheduling vacation, monitoring attendance, review, approve, and verify/ensure accuracy of employees hours worked and time charged to correct aircraft program.
- Ensure functions at the Maintenance Department who are performing work affecting product quality are competent on the basis of appropriate education, initial/continuation training, skills and experience, by giving input to and approval of the yearly training program.
- Develop and submit annual Maintenance Department budget including manpower requirements to the General Manager.
- Achieve monthly SMART objectives.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans to support new programs and capabilities based on analysis of market trends.
- Work with the Materials Department to determine needs and assure proper tooling and equipment is available to support operational requirements.
- Assess the production schedule (hangar and AOG) on a dynamic 3 months schedule in coordination with the Project Managers, to ensure manpower availability, proper load of the hanger, and on-time delivery.
- Be the interface with customer representatives and coordinate customer communication activities.
- Support the Project Managers and ensure escalated constraints are solved (e.g. a/c delays, shortage of manpower, questions/disputes on customer invoices).
- Ensure satisfactory completion and certification of all work required by operators/customers in accordance with the work specification (e.g. Work Order, Bombardier procedures, standards and approved MOE procedures), as well as customer quality expectations.
- Comply with all OSHA Health & Safety guidelines, as well as environmental laws.
- Ensure sub-contracted orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the contract/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control.
- Approve payment of vendors’ or suppliers’ invoices for services or supplies required by Maintenance Department.
- Facilitate the daily Stand-Up meeting Maintenance Projects with all departments. Update daily reports on aircraft states, clocked manpower and report to the Accountable Manager.
- Respond to quality deficiencies in the area for which he/she is responsible, which arise from independent quality audits.
- Monitor returned customer questionnaires in order to respond to customer concerns on all department personnel, equipment or quality of services rendered.
- Solicit feedback from staff for development of new concepts and actively support and integrate continuous improvement activities in order to ensure that the relevant BSC. objectives including the customer satisfaction index goals are met.
- Give input to QA for the Management Review, and participate in the meeting that is performed twice a year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Member of the Management Team.
- Act on behalf of Accountable Manager during absence.
- Maintains current training with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as necessary.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct reports on Service Centre goals and quality expectations while providing technical assistance and support.
- Assist in the development of management skills/leadership skills for direct reports.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a wealth of experience in performing aircraft maintenance, which must include several years of supervisory or lead experience.
- You have the ability to promote the safety and quality policy.
- You hold an GCAA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License or equivalent, or Bachelors’ Degree in Aerospace Engineering. Knowledge on EWIS and CDCCL.
- You have knowledge of applicable GCAA Regulations, Part 145 and any other relevant regulations needed to ensure the operation.
- You have knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Management, with at least 5 years in business jet aircraft environment.
- You poses working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application.
- You have accounting and budgeting principals necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet SMART objectives for assigned area and programmes.
- You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations.
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective communication with employees, customers, all levels of management and other departments.
- You have presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with customers and all levels of management.
- You have the ability to use information systems (e.g. SAP and Microsoft).
- You have research and analytical skills necessary to collect, analyse, and interpret survey data, customer behaviours, and general trends within the applicable aircraft market
- You have resource management and production planning skills.
- You poses planning and organisational skills necessary to prioritise, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting.
- You have strong leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: After Sales Services
Primary Location: AE-DUB-Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 05.12.2019, 9:02:10 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing