No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Office Assistant will be responsible to provide general assistance in the administration and maintenance of office premises and provide general support to staff ensuring the overall upkeep of the offices at all times.
Maintenance of Site Areas:
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of common site areas, including ensuring that the everything is clean, organised and maintained as per company standards.
Maintenance of Conference/ Meeting Rooms:
- Responsible for setting up meeting rooms and conference rooms so as to facilitate day to day usage; as well as setting up the facility as per specific requirements related to seating arrangements and the necessary electronic equipment’s to meet special requirement, and provide any service as may be required whilst the meeting/ conference is in progress.
- Responsible for taking delivery and handling the storage of office supplies and consumables in the storerooms ensuring good housekeeping standards, and monitor stock levels so as to advise on need to replenish supplies.
- Responsible for supporting in the day to day office administration tasks such as filing of documents, photocopying/faxing/shredding and binding of business documents.
- Assist in other office related tasks and provide the necessary support in ensuring professional maintenance and management of office premises and handling of day to day jobs.
Prayer Rooms Checklist:
- Conduct daily checks of the Prayer Rooms.
- Advise the responsible staff, when the area is not clean, or prayer mats/washing soaps are unavailable.
- Ensure hygiene and quality standards of the Prayer area are maintained at all times.
- Conduct daily checks of the Main Dining Room thrice a day.
- Advise the responsible staff, when the area is not clean, or any consumables are not there to be replenished immediately.
- Ensure hygiene and quality standards of the canteen are maintained at all times.
- Monitor the food supplies of Abela and report daily to HR Administrator on the standards, quality and service.
- Conduct daily site walks at regular intervals of the offices.
- Ensure all maintenance works to be carried out during or after business hours should have an approved work permit from Facilities Management..
The Office Assistant will report to the Administration Manager.
To be a successful in this role, you should have successfully completed School or a equivalent related qualification. Minimum of 2 years’ relevant GCC experience ias an Office Assistant.
The Office Assistant will have to demonstrate attention to detail, be organised, friendly & a team player. Be customer focused and be able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities. Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment. Ability to sustain positive teamwork environment. Should have a high comfort level working in a diverse environment. Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.