The Protocol department is responsible for planning, implementing and delivering the Protocol program before, during and after Expo 2020.
The role of the Head of Protocol, Guest Services – Strategic Responsibilities requires the development of the operational strategies for the implementation of all guests services in respect to key client groups such as Head of State and Government, Royal Families and Family Members, Diplomatic Corps and Missions, Business Guest Groups, Academia and VVIP/VIP representative that will participate at Expo 2020 Dubai as world leaders in their individual fields and positions.
- The incumbent will be specifically responsible but not limited to organize and coordinate all official ceremonies and visits of dignitaries, delegations and high profile guests during National, Special and International Days; lead official events program and operational procedures through liaising with National Day Program leading functional area(s) and committee(s); liaise with Official Participants and their organizational representatives during any advance teams visits;
- Additionally, He/She will be responsible to work closely with the Protocol Officer(s) assigned via Protocol Secretariat and Integration in order to continously perform its duties in relations to guests services and management;
- The person appointed to such post will be also highly responsible for all ceremonial and protocol etiquette applied to official event on site and have the final word on behalf of his/her director in order to implement the protocol correct standards during bilateral meeting, international protocol moments/events where Expo 2020 Dubai is going to be having full media exposure;
- Ultimately he/she will provide support, advice and coordination to the relevant governmental organizations in respect of visits by VVIP, VIP and other defined guest categories;
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues;
- Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate learning and development programs;
- Embed culture and vision Expo 2020 by role-modelling organizational behaviors through performance management, feedback and coaching.
11+ year of ceremonial and protocol experience at the highest standards, potentially coming from a world organization and having participated in similar world-scale event(s) such as G20, Large-Scale Sporting Event and having the highest level of integrity, diplomacy and resilience possible in order to work side by side with world leaders in offering them the highest possible standards in terms of protocol and guest management, as well as:
- A Bachelor’s degree within the relevant field;
- Good knowledge of UAE and Arabic Hospitality culture will be seen as a great asset as well the possibility to demonstrate clear results in dealing with large portfolio of events and clients will be considered mandatory for the post;
- High level protocol / dignitary organizational roles, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong diplomatic, management & operational capabilities. Approachable, active listening skills and encourages growth and team work with the department and organization;
- Project management, financial and planning management skills;
- Strong communications skills, collaborative and cultural sensitivity.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.