The role of the Event Operations Front of the House (OPF) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPF includes the following service areas: (1) Guest Services, (2) Transport Traffic & Parking (3) Venue Management and (4) Fleet & Site Tours, (5) Event Delivery Office and (6) Health and Safety
The purpose of the Manager – Guest Services Pavilion Operations is to assist in the development and implementation of operational planning related to the successful delivery of the guest experience in the thematic pavilions. This position will work with other relevant functional areas (FA’s) within the pavilions team to ensure services and operations are integrated and aligned across the organization to ensure a seamless experience for all guests.
- Lead the GSE operations within the thematic pavilions;
- Align GSE goals and milestones with the goals and milestones set by the Pavilions Director;
- Align services with other FA’s within the Pavilion;
- Make decisions to solve operational issues escalated by team on the ground;
- Deliver sound operating plans, policies and procedures;
- Develop host, explainer and volunteer operations within the thematic pavilions;
- Develop crowd, queue and pedestrian flow management for the thematic pavilions;
- Support the development and delivery of the host/explainer training plan within the thematic pavilions;
- Assist in the development of the thematic zones daily run sheets as part of the master daily run sheet for GSE Operations;
- Lead equipment planning for those zones and services.
6+ years management experience working on a previous major event programme or equivalent high density visitor’s attraction with specific experience related to Guest Services;
- Bachelors degree within a relevant field;
- Experience leading a team of 50+ employees;
- In the Field hands on operations experience leading a team in delivering information, queue management, positive guest interactions, and building a cohesive team while maintaining an upbeat and fun work environment;
- Needs to lead by working with the team and understanding what the job they do is and how it impacts them. Understand the struggles and challenges of the job and work on ways to improve. Not an office position. They will be in the Pavilion and Pavilion plot majority of their day;
- Will deliver timely information and reports per plan. Information is time sensitive and must be completed promptly;
- Develop trust and support with other FA’s in pavilion and support them in delivering an excellent guest experience. Will only succeed if everyone succeeds;
- Should have experience in attractions, theme parks. Museums. Not just events. Event experience is relevant but should not be the qualifier;
- This is a personality driven position. Must relate to front line team as well as senior management;
- Experience in leading a diverse work group is required. Work group may be 50% Emirate national. Experience working in the UAE is preferred;
- Experience opening and operating a themed attraction or high volume guest services business.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.