The role of the Event Operations Front of the House (OPF) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPF includes the following service areas: (1) Guest Services, (2) Transport Traffic & Parking (3) Venue Management and (4) Fleet & Site Tours, (5) Event Delivery Office and (6) Health and Safety
The purpose of the Guest Services Zone Manager position is to assist in the development and implementation of operational planning and delivery related to the services associated with the guest services on site, in particular the zonal operations and crowd management requirements. This role will work with colleagues in the Event Operations department, interfacing also with other departments and functional areas across the organization to ensure seamless operations for all guests.
- Assist in the development of the GSE zonal plans relating to crowd management, evacuation and welcome services for Expo 2020;
- Support the Senior Manager – Guest Service Operations as a focal point for the zones and for the development and input of the GSE function into the ongoing development of the service design and Functional Area Operating Plan;
- Develop host and volunteer operations within the zones;
- Develop crowd, queue and pedestrian flow management for the zones;
- Assist with the zonal design, production, training, testing and implementation of the crowd management and evacuation plans;
- Integrate the crowd management plan for the zones into the site wide operational plan;
- Support the development and delivery of the host training plan within the zones;
- Assess and mitigate the impact of entertainment and programming on the pedestrian flows management on the zones;
- Support signage and wayfinding plans for the public realm in those zones;
- Assist in the development of the zones daily run sheets as part of the master daily run sheet for GSE Operations.
6+ years in a manager role working on a previous major event
programme, with specific experience related to developing Guest Services operational plans and putting the guest at the heart of decision making and service design;
- A bachelors degree within a relevant field;
- 6+ years of major event experience dealing with sizable crowds;
- Programme / project manager experience leading complex projects;
- Knowledge across all key event operational functions, understanding the Guest Services dependencies with the other operational functions and non-operational directorates;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural organization, GCC region desirable;
- An open, participative, charismatic leadership style;
- Major event safety qualifications to plan for a complex operation such as this;
- Ability to build a network of across Expo 2020 teams and key external stakeholders;
- Communicates well and consistently at Director/Executive level down to large teams of workforce e.g. volunteers.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.