No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Document Controllwer will be responsible to manage all movements of documents, incoming / outgoing either in electronic form or on paper through established procedures or standards (document numbering, formats, issuance, review, dispatch, recording and archiving).
- Ensures that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are distributed internally and externally (clients and suppliers).
- General document control activities such as photocopying, scanning, analysis of suppliers / sub-contractors documents compliance with project standards regarding numbering and all others aspect related to document quality.
- Assistance in the preparation collation and issue of reports, registers and manuals as may be required.
- Communicate and liaise with project teams, suppliers / 3rd parties to agree standards, systems, efficient flow of documentation, handover and close-out of project activity to ensure consistency in document control as required.
- Update manpower position and work allocation reports daily as received from site engineers.
- Prepare correspondences for project manager with main contractor, client, consultant, and sub-contractors.
- Maintain staff / sub-contractor attendance, daily reports, worker attendance, and personnel correspondence records.
- Record all bills and expenditures related to the project site.
- Coordinate with head office for basic administrative and maintenance requirements for site.
The Document Controller will report to the Project Manager however, channels exists for direct communication with the other member from the senior leadership team at weekly meetings or as and when required.
To be a successful in this role, you should have a diploma or a equivalent related qualification. Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience as a Document Controller in the Middle East. Previous experience working in a MEP construction environment is an asset. Previous hands-on experience in managing all movements of documents, incoming / outgoing either in electronic form or on paper through established procedures or standards (document numbering, formats, Issuance, review, dispatch, recording and archiving).
Expert level of technical skills & knowledge of – MS office softwares such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and DMS software like ACONEX, Bentley.
UAE Driving licence will be an added advantage.
The Document Controller will have to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, be customer focused and be able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities. It is essential the incumbent should have excellent interpersonal skills, communication & influencing at all levels – to be able to coordinate in a multi-disciplinary environment both internal and external and a collaborative management style. Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment. Ability to motivate and provide technical guidance to technicians and sub-contractors. Ability to sustain positive teamwork environment. Have the ability to look at situations from several points of view. Delegate responsibilities effectively. Should have a high comfort level working in a diverse environment. Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done. Manage cross-functional relationships effectively.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.