Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 02/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 16/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
End to End Case Management of Grievance Cases
- Work with the HRBP, business and country/regional ER Head to agree the Grievance representative/s to investigate and hear the Grievance.
- Decide for Grievance Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of complaint.
- Conduct the Grievance hearing or support the Grievance representative to conduct the Grievance hearing.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent resolution/conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation and conclusion of Grievance.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings including any disciplinary actions recommended.
End to End Case Management of Complex Disciplinary Cases
- Level of Involvement and support with the Investigations phase based on case nature and complexity.
- Conduct due fact finding and investigatory interviews including preparation of witness statements and investigation report.
- Decide for the Disciplinary Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of disciplinary case and provision of evidence.
- Conduct of the Disciplinary hearing through supporting the hearing manager as required.
- Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
- Update relevant stakeholders with key findings and any relevant information, including any recommendations.
- Update ERCMS at the initiation of the hearing and conclusion of disciplinary hearing and/or appeal.
- Update HRBP and/or PRC team in case of a disciplinary action so that it could be highlighted for any potential P3 impact.
Effectively manage key stakeholder relationships.
- Build external networks (e.g. ER Forums, Employee Associations, etc) and remain up to date with ER and legislative change/developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
- Build internal networks with HRBPs and business stakeholders where required.
- Collaborate with HR Legal and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country
- Collaborate with Labour Ministries re development and application of government policy.
Managing employee-related risk across the region
- Provide commentary re ER MI and escalate country ER risks based on trends or any new findings/issues.
- Understand current local employment and discrimination law/case developments and be able to anticipate implications for the Bank.
- Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks
- Work with HR Legal and external counsel re data disclosure requests, litigation cases and preparation for/ appearance at Labour Court/Employment Tribunal.
Support Education and Training of HR and Line Managers
- With the Country/Regional ER Head proactively support, advise update, educate and train HRBPs and line managers across the ER product areas.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Role model and champion the Bank’s values and behaviors
- Proven track record and in depth experience of ER investigations and case management.
- Strong understanding of the local legislative and regulatory landscape
- Effective networker and organizational influencer
- Commercially astute
- Strong collaboration
- Ability to clearly and accurately analyze, interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Good coaching, networking, influencing & negotiating skills.
- Ability to assess risk & identify pragmatic solutions in context of conflicting demands.
- Ability to develop & gain credibility within the organization in respect of ER expertise.
- Experience in an international professional services/ banking environment.
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with demanding and fast paced client groups.
- Experience of ER product & policy development.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.