We’re looking for a Head of Public Policy, MENA and Asia to join Snap Inc. Reporting to the Senior Director of Public Policy International, you will be responsible for the public policy and government relations work across the MENA region, with a particular initial focus on UAE and Saudi Arabia, as well as India and potentially further afield in South East Asia. Working from our office in Dubai, you will co-design, and execute the implementation of the public policy plan for relevant markets. The Middle East and Asia are key growth regions for Snap and our relations with the governments and other key public stakeholders are of the utmost importance. Ensuring that Snap’s distinctive voice is heard and accommodated in policy-making circles will be a key priority.
The Head of Public Policy is co-responsible for development of positions on key local and regional policy issues impacting Snap and for developing effective strategies to achieve policy outcomes and mitigate risk. This person will work closely with the rest of the Global Public Policy team, wider Legal team, regional Sales teams, the Communications team, Platform Integrity team and, on occasion, senior business executives to ensure the public policy program supports business growth and protects the company’s interests.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the main day-to-day policy representative of Snap Inc in MENA and Asia. Further deepen relationships with relevant government officials, NGOs, trade associations, non-governmental organizations, and other influential stakeholders
- Partner with consultants as necessary to assist Snap in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, New Delhi and, on occasion, elsewhere
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Public Policy International, the VP of Global Public Policy and, on occasion, the senior executive organization
- Partner with the Communications team to help them appropriately respond to media inquiries, by providing the correct policy narrative that best represents Snap Inc.
- Be the first to act and respond to the appropriate public policy inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Post-graduate degree
- A proven ability for shaping, and working with, government officials, NGOs, coalitions, and other stakeholder groups
- Good policy understanding and existing relationships within government and the wider stakeholder community in the region
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills and sound political judgement
- Forward thinking and proactive ability on legislative, regulatory and public policy issues
- Ability to work with Snap business to identify pertinent issues and orient the public policy team to meet priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of external groups and individuals, including those who are opponents or critics
- Articulate and thoughtful
- Able to adapt communication on complex issues for different audiences
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.