The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (e.g. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event. Media Operations, a department within Communications, is responsible for providing all the services and facilities the accredited media need to do their jobs, both when on the Expo site and when working remotely. This includes all the planning and preparation in advance of the Event.
Reporting to the Head of Press Operations, the Manager, Media-facing Events will be responsible for planning and delivering media familiarisations and events prior to the Event.
- Receive notification of a media familiarisation or event and liaise with requesting parties to confirm details about the request;
- Manage all external media visiting Expo 2020 Dubai pre-event with support from Press Office and Strategic Communications including internal media agencies;
- Liaise with the Communications team, other Expo 2020 Functional Areas and other affected parties to plan event programme, speakers and all requirements;
- Liaise with appropriate parties’ to ensure that all necessary notifications and approvals are given for the event and associated filming and photography to take place;
- Prepare documentation such as run sheets and pre-briefings and distribute to appropriate parties;
- Ensure service levels and excellence in guest experience are delivered to all attending media;
- Debrief and report post event.
6+ years of relevant experience in international events, as well as:
- A Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
- Experience in Media Operations;
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills in major events;
- Experience of managing Press and Broadcasters at high profile events;
- Experience of working in and with large organisations;
- Cultural intelligence.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.