Job: Business Support and Management
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 05/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 19/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Extensive Diary Management of Country Head Global Banking, UAE / Senior RMs includes arranging and booking internal and external meetings and special events
- Travel arrangements – organising travel itineraries private transport, air travel, hotel bookings, transfers, visas etc to Global Banking Head / RMs when required
- Meeting arrangements and logistics thereof – scheduling, room bookings, catering, video conference call etc.
- Manage all procurement requests / Vendor Creation and liaise between various departments and external vendors
- Assistance to new employees in the unit by ensuring availability of office equipments / IT requirements etc
- Support for preparation of reports, letters etc. Sending emails on behalf of Line Manager Including Managing all logistics for the Meetings & VC’s
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of all information in Global banking Head’s office including: any and all client related matters, staff related private information, Bank records, policies and procedures
- Full responsibility for Managing all team holidays & expenses within group policy guidelines, sickness, compliance requests
- Submit G&E on behalf of the team for events as necessary / T&E for the seniors when requested.
- Driver management – Pool car Driver time sheet + T&E review & Submission
- Ensuring archives and files are maintained in effective format where necessary
- Provide administrative support to team members on an ad hoc basis.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support Global Banking team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: The Right Environment.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key Relationships (Internal & External)
- Direct / Indirect reports of the Head of GB, FI, Strategy, Risk, Corporate Affairs, Finance, Legal and Compliance, all PA’s
- Offices of other members of the Management Team+ Regional Team. Team members in the country.
- Team members across the region
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing team by complying with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work effectively with senior level staff throughout the organisation, across different countries and cultures, demonstrating a professional approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Excellent telephone manners
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks, work to deadlines and effectively manage time
- Be able to work under pressure
- Strong awareness of and adherence to SCB policies (eg travel, expense policy, and being compliant)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.