This is a brand-new role for the Dubai campus, and you will be joining at an exciting time as we embark on a journey to a new location from Academic City to the centre of Dubai, Dubai Knowledge Park. This role will support the provision of efficient and effective Security and Emergency Management Services across the University to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and in support of the University’s Strategic Plans and Values.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage the provision of overarching response and emergency management services across all aspects of the University, ensuring they evolve in pace with the University’s needs and objectives
- Contribute to development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures for management of response and emergency planning across all campuses of the University
- Contribute to development and implementation of electronic systems to manage the University’s response and emergency planning processes
- Prepare security reports and briefing notes for submission to the University Executive and relevant Committees and Boards
- Write and deliver relevant papers / reports for internal and external stakeholders to strengthen important strategic relationships.
- Participate in training solutions required to support the implementation and on-going management of our SafeGuarding management framework
- Contribute to development and delivery of response and emergency management training programmes
- Set clear goals and objectives for the Response Team
- First point of contact with Enforcing Authorities regarding response and emergency planning related matters
- Representing the University as appropriate on national and international strategy groups related to response and emergency management
- Manage day to day implementation of the University’s SafeGuarding Services initiatives, including the SafeGuarding Team and Health & Safety Coordination at Dubai Campus
Education, qualifications and experience
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role managing staff in a multi activity environment.
- A recognised health and safety qualification
- Emergency Management / BCP Qualification
- Demonstrable expert working knowledge of emergency planning legislation and accepted best practice for the UAE
- Demonstrable experience of emergency planning and management processes in a multi-discipline environment.
- Proven track record of implementing effective solutions to complex problems, budget management, managing shift rotas and managing emergency response teams
- Proven experience of supporting change management at operational levels
- Competence in use of using standard computer applications
- Experience in the use of e-learning programmes and application of modern electronic safety, security and emergency management systems
How To ApplyApplications can be submitted up to midnight (UAE time) on Tuesday 20th February 2020.
At Heriot-Watt University we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do. We want to increase the diversity of our workplace to underpin a dynamic and creative environment.
The appointment is conditional upon successful completion of all Labour and Immigration formalities, and the start date will need to be delayed if the employment visa is not in place.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.