Mozambique is recognized as one of the fastest growing countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. The traditional ports serving Mozambique have been namely Beira and Maputo, while other ports of Nacala and Quelimane provide wide and exciting scopes of managerial initiatives.
To support Svitzer’s strong growth in Africa, we will expand our footprint in Mozambique, in Q2 2020. For that purpose we are currently looking for uniquely driven business leader to develop the Svitzer business.
Svitzer is are looking for engaging and focused business leader to be part of our winning team in AMEA. Through a strategic approach to market and project development, the MD will provide critical input to the Region’s growth agenda and shall take primary responsibility for progressing the opportunity pipeline from establishment of market presence and awareness to securing new business also represent Svitzer to develop a solid localization plan.
The role will be based in Mozambique with frequent travel required. This is a one year fixed term contract with an opportunity for an extension.
At Svitzer, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed by our business. This will include a variety of challenges that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
You will be exposed to a wide and exciting range of business issues requiring regular engagement, coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders across various management levels within Svitzer.
Opportunities to work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders will enable you to build a strong professional network, as well as broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
- Develop and implement growth strategies and plans.
- Craft opportunity/market specific Svitzer go-to-market offerings by leveraging existing differentiators and core strengths.
- Market awareness and intimacy – secure a thorough understanding of the Africa towage market, including pricing, customers, competitors, national operators and regulatory authorities.
- Primary responsible and lead for stakeholder management and identification
- Identify new market and growth opportunities and constructing robust business cases to evaluate the attractiveness and viability of same.
- Tender Solution Management – co-ordinate, drive and consolidate requisite specialist function input to business case composition. Ensure multi-functional alignment to customer needs.
- Provide regular; concise and cogent status updates on BDV matters
- Participate in negotiations with clients and partners. Lead negotiations and engagement with national and regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrate Value based leadership and exemplifies teamwork, focus, discipline & external orientation to create the right engagement across all levels in the organization
- Ensure adherence to all regional procedures and work practices
We are looking for
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree and 10+years’ experience from a senior commercial/ general management/ P&L responsibility leadership role; ideally with experience in Africa market in marine, logistics services, shipping and/or supply chain industry.
- A proven track record in a similar role of leading, managing and growing an organization from scratch, and your experience in a complex global matrix, multi-cultural organization will be crucial to success.
- Business development experience is a prerequisite.
- Bilingual in English and Portuguese
- Experience in Mozambique will be an advantage
- An able decision maker and proven critical thinker who can process information from multiple sources in order to make timely and correct decisions.
- Capable of turning strategic thinking into concrete actions with measurable benefits in terms of commercial value
- A good communicator; polished and persuasive; someone who expresses his/her views in a direct way
- strong relationship builder, you will have a proven track record of identifying, developing and managing customers at the strategic level.
- Collaborative and willing to cooperate and listen to others’ input
- stablishes strong internal and external networks, which are leveraged in growing the business and delivering results
- A role model for the Maersk Group values, ensuring the group values are communicated and lived by throughout the organisation in your area
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.