We are looking for a Secretary for our TMT Department in our DIFC office. This individual will be responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Team Leader in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Specific duties will vary considerably according to specific needs of the office and / or department.
These include but are not limited to:
- Perform tasks as Lawyers first point of contact with people from inside and outside the Firm; provide a high level of client service at all times; project and maintain a positive image.
- Receive, screen and respond appropriately to telephone calls, inquiries and requests on behalf of assigned Lawyer(s) as directed by them; take accurate messages and follow up as requested by Lawyer in order to ensure client enquiries are dealt with promptly and professionally.
- Liaise with clients and other staff in compliance with Lawyer’s requests.
- Organise and manage Lawyers schedule, review schedule with Lawyer on a daily basis, make and confirm appointments on their behalf and keep Lawyer informed of daily agenda. Reschedule as requested.
- Liaise with Administration Coordinator in regards to Lawyers travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Take dictation for assigned Lawyer, perform typing and transcription of documentation as required.
- Compose and type letters, memos, correspondence and reports as requested by Lawyer(s).
- Maintain and update assigned Partners files to deal efficiently with paper flow and organization and storage of paper work, documents and computer-based information.
- Participate in the billing process.
- Perform other work related tasks as required.
- Previous experience:
- Previous legal secretarial experience
- Experience working in a professional services firm is an advantage
- Specialist knowledge:
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and Internet browsing
- Sound knowledge of office procedures
- Working knowledge of record-keeping techniques
- Minimum typing test of 40wpm in English
- Other Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with most senior executives
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Language Skills:
- Fluent English
Al Tamimi’s TMT Practice comprises lawyers with a diverse range of specialist skills, experience and backgrounds which allows us to provide a complete regional solution to the legal services requirements of clients operating in the technology, media and telecommunications industries. With our bilingual capabilities, understanding of local law and practice, and regional coverage, we offer clients international skills, experience and quality at a local level. In many cases we assist our clients by drawing upon the skills and experience of our colleagues in other departments to ensure that a complete legal solution is provided.
Al Tamimi & Company is one of the leading law firms in the Middle East and the largest law firm in the region, with presence in all of the six GCC countries. Established in 1989, the firm has 57 partners, staff of over 670, and 17 offices in nine countries throughout the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman and Egypt.
The firm specialises in advising major international corporations and financial institutions, Middle East banks and government organisations, businesses and families in their global operations and investments. It has particular expertise in arbitration & ADR, banking & finance, dispute resolution & litigation, IP & data security, shipping & aviation, project & infrastructure finance, real estate & construction, corporate & commercial, technology, media & telecommunications, insurance and private client.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.