At MELIA DESERT PALM DUBAI, we put our soul and our passion into everything we do, how we present ourselves and how we communicate with our guests and our colleagues. We use our initiative and always find the best way to solve a problem either for a guest or a colleague. We work as a team to deliver the highest quality of service on all occasions. We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests. We treat guests and colleagues with dignity and respect. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. And we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to the guests from all over the world.
We are looking for a Guest Service Agent / Bellman
To serve the needs of the business, our guest and our colleagues by prompt and courteous service delivery as a Hospitality Ambassador for the hotel.
All members of Front Office Department are responsible for ensuring that visitors are enjoying a positive and memorable MELIA DESERT PALM DUBAI experience. Within that, Guest Service Agent / Bellman is one of the most important position for influencing guest satisfaction by extending service in a profesional, friendly, courteous, efficient and timely manner.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Escort guests to rooms.
- Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property.
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services).
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area.
- Assist with luggage storage and retrieval.
- Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage.
- Supply guests with directions.
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxicab, shuttle bus) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents or injuries.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- To attend hotel events, daily shift briefings and training to improve professional skills.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- At least 1-3 years experience on the same role.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Fluency in any other language is preferable.
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
- A warm personality, attentive and presentable.