At Jacobs, you will work with the most talented professionals and thought leaders to shape the future of the global professional services sector as we deliver ground-breaking and life-changing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. What drives you drives us as we work to build a better world – together. At Jacobs, every day is an opportunity to make the world better, more connected, more sustainable. We’re powered by more than 50,000 people across the globe who deliver innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions for public and private clients around the world
Our people improve lives and connect communities through transformative transport, water, built environment and power projects. We are innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. Visit www.jacobs.com to see how you can make a difference. Across our company, across our offices, across the world, we’re continually challenging today to reinvent tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our People & Places Line line of business has access to 35,000 professionals across the globe. Our team of engineers, designers and planners work to deliver projects in Transport Planning, Roads, Rail, Bridges, Project Management, Security Services, Building Structures & Services and Asset Management Planning.
Are you experienced in Coordinating Construction on site having worked on large capital building projects within the Middle East? Jacobs have partnered to form a joint venture that is leading all real estate and construction delivery related Programme management services for Expo 2020 Dubai development.
It will be the first time a World Expo will be hosted in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia Region and it is expected to be a significant catalyst for growth for business across wider region.
Reporting to the Zone Coordination Manager, this role will be responsible for daily monitoring and construction coordination support for the Participants plots/pavilions within the designated sectors. Your role will be to:-
- Ensure correct implementation of the construction action plans within their sectors.
- Support construction activities in the Participants plots, manage and escalate issues and facilitate the resolving procedures
- Liaise with the Site-Wide Logistics team and ensure adequate implementation on the construction logistics process within their sectors
- Liaise with the Security Team to ensure the day-to-day Security Functions are supported
- Monitor the implementation of the Participants, contractors, logistics plans
- Support the interfaces within the sector, other sectors within the zone and surrounding projects
- Manage Interface between the Participants contractors
- Provide first point of contact for any incidents within the Participants, contractors for any construction related issues
- Co-ordinate the sector construction fire, public protection, first aid and access/egress control
- Monitor the compliance with Authority to Proceed permits and Laydown Area Access Requests
- Review and validate monthly reports from participants, contractors and prepare construction progress reports for their zones.
As a suitable candidate you will be degree qualified in a Construction or Engineering related discipline and will possess at least 5 years, experience demonstrating construction coordination on major construction projects within the Middle East is essential.
You will possess excellent understanding of Fit Out and key construction logistics management processes as well as sound construction industry awareness.
A key attribute of this person will be the ability to foster inclusive behaviours to achieve market leading and innovative business outcomes across markets, as well as create the right working environment for employees. You will continue building on our global culture of caring fostering a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including comprehensive private medical insurance, flexible work arrangements, annual airfare allowance, interest free housing loans and access to monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.