Studio M is located near Dubai International Terminal 2, Dubai Police Headquarters and Dubai Free Zone Authority at walking distance to Al Qiyadah metro station.
The role holder will be responsible for the timely preparation of the daily banking of cash, preparing the General Cashiers Summary and processing petty cash. Provides direction to F&B Cashiers, Reception Cashier, and Night Audit Functions. Also responsible for maintaining records and documents related to any payroll activities and provides prompt and accurate payment of staff.
- Daily banking involving the collection of banking envelopes from safe, and the opening, counting and balancing as a whole.
- Process petty cash as required and reconcile weekly.
- Prepare over and under, balance monthly and present to Director of Finance.
- Issue and return house bank contracts as required and prepare house bank accounts summary monthly.
- Audit cashier banks as required by Millennium’s standards and maintain all documentation.
- Liaise with Department Heads about cashiering problems and to Income Auditor.
- Monitor hotel exchange rates and adjust as necessary in accordance with Finance Policy.
- Maintain a complete record of all funds transferred to and from the bank.
- Ensure adequate controls on the General Cashier’s fund in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process “due backs” on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all cashier’s operating equipments are in good condition or working properly (cash drawers, cashier vaults, credit card equipment, etc.), if applicable.
- Develops and maintains current payroll processing procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality always and strict practice of office lock up and security of information.
- Performs payroll processing and month end closing of payroll.
- Maintains control over actual payroll performance.
- Compares actual payroll with forecasts/budgets and reports findings to Department Heads.
- Prepares input for payroll run including hours worked, terminations, adjustments, annual and sick leave.
- Attend to employee enquiries in relation to pay issues.
- Prepares manual payment for termination.
- Verify the leave entitlement for all leave requests prior to approval.
- Train back up payroll officer in all manpower procedures and responsibilities.
- Prepares monthly/yearly internal manpower analysis report.
- Reconciles automatic payroll deductions such as housing loan, city ledger, etc.
- Supervises filing of payroll reports and pay slips.
- Journalizes payroll summary each month.
- Co-ordinates with outside data processing Company as requested.
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary.
- Conducts training to staff on time sheet completion and other payroll related information.
- University Bachelor Degree or Higher Secondary School certificate
- Minimum one year general cashiering or teller experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Required to perform the customer service standards of the department
- Well versed all Accounting Software.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity at any 4 or 5-star international hotels.
- Minimum one-year Paymaster experience.
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.