No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a passion for logistics and to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment. You are driven to exceed goals through people. You have interest for home furnishing, people life at home, and the IKEA range.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Skilled in retail and/or logistics processes and working methods.
- Ability to prioritise and organise individual work duties to make the most efficient use of time available.
- Enjoy taking personal initiative and exceeding goals.
- Enjoy working with logistics in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment.
About the role
You are responsible to contribute to a great meeting with the customer in all sales channels by ensuring a consistently high availability of our offer, with high quality and at lowest possible total cost.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the highest goods availability for customers by the correct and on-time execution of the assigned store goods flow tasks.
- Perform effectively the store goods flow operation in the assigned area, using the available systems and tools that support an efficient goods flow process and data integrity.
- Responsible for my own development by using the existing competence development tools and resources provided
- Work according to inventory routine in order to maximise stock accuracy to achieve product availability for the customers
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store and especially in the goods flow team.
- Commit to all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements within the area of responsibility, and actively help colleagues to prevent any incidents involving co-workers, customers, equipment, building and IKEA products.
- Contribute to the agreed goals of the action plan in the daily work by being involved in the goalsetting process.
- Share my knowledge and skills to support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store.
- Contribute to optimised daily goods flow operations within the assigned goods flow process(es) by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples.
- Be available to support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store when required.
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.