Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Professional
Office Location: Dubai – DWC (DWC)
Travel Required: up to 25%
Start Date: 03/15/2020
The Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions. The company combines its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions for eleven core industries. Drawing on in-depth industry know-how and customized IT systems, Panalpina manages the needs of its customers’ supply chains, no matter how demanding they might be. Energy and Project Solutions is a specialized service for the energy and capital projects sector. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and it works with partner companies in over 90 countries. Panalpina employs approximately 14,500 people worldwide who deliver a comprehensive service to the highest quality standards – wherever and whenever.
We are looking to hire an Country Controller to review and analyze Forwarding Order figures in order to ensure timely corrective actions according KPI’s of the Forwarding Order Policy
- Transfiles and distributions: Analysis of transfile and expense / invoice distribution between files. Reviews any request for correction of transactions between files
- Shipment and file control: Control of open files, re-opened files, negative closings and non RRD files (WIP), files w/o CGP, correctness of auto closed files. Requires / follows-up corrective actions with operations
- Control of GP estimations: Controls (plausability analysis) and calculates final GP estimations. Reviews and controls GP estimation deviations and requires / follows-up corrective actions with operations
- Monthly Files: Reviews and Controls of monthly file bookings. Assists the HoF on approval of monthly file range requested by operations
- Physical Audits: at least 2 physical audits in each branch per year. Reviews physical documentation and internal controls on Forwarding Order related matters (eg. Company policy on supplier managemement, etc.)
- Eliminate loss making files. Basis GP before PS.
- JC Administration Manages tolerance amounts for auto closing. Runs auto closing on a regular basis. Freezes CGP once a month
- NGS: Controls and clears Error Log daily. Confirms NP data on a monthly basis
- Statistical Data: Reviews correctness of statistical data, such as traffic direction: pre- on/carriage, custom clearance, transit.
- Ensure complete, timely and proper comments of Forwarding Order by Operations
- Timely and accurate closing of the Order Accounting Module in SAP
- PRA (Profitability Reporting & Analysis) reviews and analysis
- Manages general cash flow to ensure timely transfer of customs duties and vendor payments
- Reconcile and update custom duty advances with customer and vendors.
- Act as an interface between Controlling/Business & IT/MIS to ensure effective BRF management and track change requests of reports.
- University degree in business administration or similar qualification
- Professional experience in freight forwarding/ logistics
- Professional experience in Controlling
- Professional exposure to accounting/ financial processes, preferably with audit firm
- Proven ability to understand and analyze complex financial information
- A high level of analytical skill
- Logical and organized approach
- Strong communication skills
- High level of accountability, credibility and accuracy
- Ability to remain focused and concentrated under pressure
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team and under pressure
- English: fluent in written and spoken
- Local language preferred
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.