No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The Procurement Executive will be responsible to help drive the centralisation of the procurement function.
- Provide the complete service interface between customers / requesting divisions and centralized procurement department and the contractors / suppliers through processing procurement of services and material in line with budget, time and quality standards to ensure overall satisfaction.
- Perform pre-qualification process to update vendor’s database for reliable and capable suppliers and contractors.
- Ensure meeting time scale and deadlines for every procurement transaction and activity.
- Ensure procurement activities performed in compliance to the approved process.
- Contribution with finance department on contract and orders associated business requirements and related documents verification.
- Accomplish cost savings through effective negotiation.
A variety of benefits associated with centralized procurement for which you are responsible are:
- Consolidated deals and contracts with major suppliers.
- Consolidated performance measurement.
- Cost saving.
- Ensure the procurement of services and goods are in line with budgets, time and quality requirements.
- Execute the centralized procurement activity of the organization by implementing a professional, effective procurement function based upon agreed organisational process.
- Prepare requests for Information/Proposal/Quotation with pertinent specifications, clear terms and conditions and prepare tender / quotations evaluation reports.
- Conduct price analysis commercial evaluation of proposals and tenders in coordination with technical team.
- Prepare the final recommendations for internal acceptance/endorsement in accordance with the agreements reached with relevant customers.
- Prepare Contracts, Purchase Orders and Agreements for approval and circulate approved documents to all stakeholders.
- Add value at each stage of Procurement function by working cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service.
- Prepare relevant reports at regular intervals, as agreed with the Procurement Manager, on progress against the baseline procurement program and supplier service delivery.
Process & System
- Apply the P2P ERP Process for all procurement transactions by creating RFP/RFQ and POs/Contracts via ERP system.
- Implement the set administrative, purchasing and clerical procedures to maintain efficiency of the Procurement function.
- Ensure approvals are obtained in accordance with the relevant policies and the Delegation of Authority (DOA).
- Make the most of departmental interdependencies.
- Provide a complete service interface between customers and Procurement department as well as contractors / suppliers by ensuring satisfaction.
The Procurement Executive will report to the GM – Comercial & Supply Chain, however, channels exists for direct communication with other member from the senior leadership team at weekly meetings or as and when required.
To be a successful in this role, you should have a bachelor’s degree in commerce / finance or egineering specialised in mechanical / electrical / facilities management. Certified Purchasing Professional certificate is an asset. Masters in Business Administration is a plus. Minimum of 6+ years relevant procurement experience within a MEP environment in GCC.
The ideal candidate will have to have good knowledge & experience in of procurement methods and procedures is a must. Knowledge in Incoterms standards is an asset. Previous experience working on SAP MM module.
The Procurement Executive will have to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, be customer focused and be able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities. It is essential the incumbent should have excellent negotiation, influencing & interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style. Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment. Have the ability to look at situations from several points of view. Delegate responsibilities effectively. Excellent problem analytical skills and problem simulation. Should have a high comfort level working in a diverse environment. Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done. Manage cross-functional relationships effectively. Strong verbal and writing skills, with regards to contractual communication. People management skills & problem solving skills. Excellent managerial & administrative skills however at the same time hands on with day to day business operations. Detail oriented and good reporting skills. Establish clear lines of communication both internally & externally. Strong commercial expertise in driving business results.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.