No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team. You are able to prioritize and plan tasks to reach the targeted results. You have a passion for home furnishing, retailing and how people live at home.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School graduate
- 1-2 years retail experience, goods-flow/supply chain knowledge preferred
- Has strong physique to handle physical job and can lift heavy loads on a daily and weekly basis
- Good written and verbal English
About the Role
You are resposible to secure that the IKEA store has the highest possible service level to customers and optimise the stock levels at lowest possible cost, by making sure that all working methods described in IKEA Logistics manuals are implemented and that the IKEA store achieve a high efficiency in goods movement.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure all goods inflow are carried out as per company policy, systems and procedures
- Check all the orders against the picked goods to have 100 % accuracy for each of the customer orders.
- Assist in the unloading and checking of goods if it is counted accurately.
- Check the goods for damages and highlighting them to the Team leader /person in charge.
- Accurate checking is conducted by reading all 8 digits of each articles. Ensure the labels are printed and pasted to each of these products while the checking is ongoing.
- Ensure the strapping and packing is done along followed by the checking completion.
- Release the pallets to COD after the above process is completed. Maintain the track sheet of goods checked and moved for KPI reports.
- Ensure all items are correctly handled and stocked so as to maintain items in good condition for collection/reservation.
- Maintain an eye on every order flowing into the checking area, manage the in and out flow from the checking area in the efficient manner to avoid the blockage in the area.
- Assist in the checking and moving of stocks to COD as per the order flowing into the checking area.
- Check the order print and handover time to ensure missing orders and delayed picks.
- Check the picking locations and stock availability.
- All checked goods to be under strict monitor to be moved to COD. Any delays in moving to be recorded and highlighted to the team leader.
- No goods to be allowed to reverse flowed unless it is through the recovery department
- Make sure that all stocks are checked and moved to Central Unit before the next day store opening.
- Need to reduce the internal handling damages to control the damage cost to achieve the CU profit targets
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.