- The PM is fully accountable for the brand P&L and achievement of Plan goals.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of market research results, historical trends and business results, competitive offerings, R&D and manufacturing capabilities, clinical results, etc. and applies knowledge to identify new claims and consumer needs/gaps.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of legal and regulatory standards/requirements (e.g., patents, monographs) and uses that information to influence product direction and development of strategic plans.
- Effectively manages business planning process from creation to completion, i.e. Business Reviews, Strategic Planning Sessions, Brand Plan writing.
- Anticipates future issues, unforeseen changes in market conditions and implications of a given situation; demonstrates ability to address problems before they escalate and ensures contingency plans are in place.
- Has strong handle of business situations and appropriately secures additional management support when needed.
- Consistently develops and implements strategic initiatives that demonstrate understanding of branding and long-term equity building.
- Demonstrates ability to develop project plans by defining scope, leveraging resources, obtaining funds and securing Sr. Management buy-in.
- Delivers on short term on-going programs by ensuring that all key steps of the projects are completed, for all drivers; i.e. HCP, Consumer, Retail and Hospital.
- Participates / Leads new product introductions through planning and implementation of key programs.
- Able to formulate and have confidence in a plan/recommendation based on limited/incomplete data.
- Handles pressure and competing demands with ease and provides a controlled sense of commitment.
Detailed Tasks – Weekly/Monthly/Annually
- Tracks, follows, delivers on key marketing projects and make sure that they are delivered as per the brand tactical plan.
- Lead activities of functional areas, advertising agency and suppliers.
- Responds to queries/info needs from marketing teams and other customers.
- Translates analytical findings & knowledge into actionable short-term and long-term strategies.
- Establishes a good rapport with internal/external constituents (e.g., RA, MA, Legal, Global Marketing, R&D, supply partners) which enables opportunities/issues to be addressed in a timely manner and results in others eagerly participating and taking on additional work.
- Directs, motivates and effectively marshals people resources to ensure achievement of goals.
- Organizes and communicates information in a manner consistent with the audience and foresees concerns/issues relevant to particular parties.
- Manages market analysis and key financial responsibilities such as: monitoring monthly spending, consumption models, forecasting, etc.
- Understand & Update monthly consumption ship share along with the team’s senior marketers.
- Support the monthly Sales and Operating Planning process.
- Ensures project deliverers and objectives are being met by monitoring team member progress of work plans, providing guidance and adjusting work project priorities and resources.
- Closely monitors business performance and on multiple fronts; makes changes and adapts business plans as necessary.
- Negotiates and influences effectively internal customers/stakeholders/ colleagues for competing resources and direction (e.g., financial, shared talent resources, copy development).
- Effectively leads and influences team decision-making and gains buy-in by recognizing different viewpoints and challenging the status quo.
- Supports involvement from colleagues and external team members (e.g., ad agency, vendors) and alters strategies/position when appropriate.
- Meets w/ marketing teams to review strategic issues and gain understanding of business needs.
- Engages in and interpret ongoing market research projects to validate brand positioning and promotional direction for the brand.
- Participates in the development of annual financial plans including volume forecasts and financial presentations.
- Participates in preparation of annual Brand Plans, and long range financial plans.
- Maintains an ongoing commitment to learning and personal development to prepare for upward mobility.
- Twice per year, plans and coordinates the sales cycle meetings as well as assuring to be well prepared to roll out programs and tools on time.
- Bachelors Degree in Business and/or Science / MBA or M.Sc. is an advantage
- At least two years of Sales and/or cross-functional experience (office experience) & two – three years as Associate Product Manager
- Set vision and strategy
- Customer Focus
- Build our organization and inspire
- Integrity and Trust
- Know the business
- Drive for results
- Organizational Savvy
- Make the difficult decisions
- Presentation Skills
- Encourage open exchange – team player
- Financial Skills
- Ability to take key actions and demonstrate behavioral anchors that support all Abbott Leadership Competencies.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.