No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a passion for selling and eagerness to want to help customers. You enjoy working in a fast-paced and complex environment. You have the willingness in transforming IKEA to be the world’s leading home furnishing retailer
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School Education
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role
- Customer Focus
- Sales Driven
- Fluency in Written and spoken English
About the Role
You establish rapport and credibility in assisting customers to purchase the company’s product range whilst at the same time maintaining the company’s standard of merchandising and ensuring stock availability to achieve sales target set by the company by going the extra mile to exceed expectations.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Promote the sales of products by spotting and seizing sales opportunities, offering alternatives solutions to problems and suggesting add on sales in order to achieve the established sales target.
- Suggest means of improving sales as well as determine “slow moving” or “non-selling” items and recommend sales action.
- Be up to date with changes in the products range such as new items or changes in existing item and keep the Sales Manager informed of any customer’s problems/comments on the product range and/or any gaps in the range
- Conduct daily detailed inspection of your assigned area so as to review the availability and positioning of price labels, product information tags and other communication media.
- Review daily stock level on all products in your assigned area and recommend orders to the Shopkeeper.
- Coordinate with Procurement Executive for information pertaining to stocks in his assigned area.
- Understand and sensitive in meeting diverse customers’ needs by initiating and developing effective way of building relationship with the customer thereby establishing trust and confidence.
- Maintain contact and advice customers on news or recently received items of interest as well as following up on quotations sent in an effort to convert to actual sales.
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.