The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover and (5) Business Support.
The Logistics Coordination Centre (LCC) Planning Manager will lead and manage central site logistics operations across the Expo 2020 venues, working closely with all relevant functional areas and logistics work streams to scope, plan, implement and manage resources and equipment to deliver a successful logistics operation.
The purpose of the LCC Planning Manager is to provide operational experience within the LCC in the planning, preparation, tracking and reporting on service request management and assessment through to work order delivery. Expo 2020 Venue Logistics will also manage the planning, communication and implementation of logistics and associated dissolution activities of Expo.
- Along with the Lead Manager – Logistics Coordination Centre (LCC), to lead the Venue Logistics work stream within the Event Operations Logistics Function, and to ensure that material and equipment for Expo 2020 and all key stakeholders are stored at on-site and offsite locations according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for event operations;
- Lead on specific special projects scoping and planning in the lead up to Expo 2020 and producing associated logistics operations plans for event delivery;
- Assist and liaise with the other Logistics work streams (i.e. Customs & Freight Forwarding, Material Management, Warehousing, Distribution, Programme Management) with their requirements to support an efficient and economical end-to-end Logistics operation;
- Assist, liaise, support and work collaboratively with the Expo 2020 Official Logistics Partner in relation to the Venue Logistics elements of the Logistics Services Agreement;
- Continually improve Expo 2020 Venue Logistics Processes, Policies and Procedures;
- Provide support in the Logistics Coordination Centre to receive service requests and assess Venue Logistics ability to support in the delivery of those services;
- Support the Venue Logistics team through the creation and overall work order planning across the site to efficiently manage site resources including manpower, material handling equipment and tools;
- Manage logistics operational areas across the Expo 2020 site and Dubai. Centrally coordinate reporting for venue logistics on the tracking and reporting of work orders and service levels delivered to support other functional areas and stakeholders;
- Develop relationships and engage with participants, stakeholders and functional areas to ensure service requirements for logistics are recorded, assessed and planned for operational and efficient delivery;
- Review planning documentation of participants, stakeholders and functional areas to ensure alignment with Logistics processes and provide coordinated feedback.
6+ years’ experience in management of logistics or major events;
- A bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
- Experience working with a third-party logistics provider;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal and external);
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to communicate well and consistently at Director/Executive level down to large teams of workforce e.g. venue crew;
- Strong operational management skills;
- Experience managing personnel and being responsible for a team of individuals;
- Excellent experience in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English; ability to express complex concepts clearly and simply.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.