Hartland International School is looking to appoint a Registrar to oversee the admissions office.
The school which opened in September 2015, is rapidly developing a reputation for excellence in learning and teaching. We provide the best possible education for every child in our care and import the very best practices from independent schools around the globe. With just over 650 children enrolled at present from 65 different nationalities, Hartland is a truly international community. We combine a unique blend of academic challenge, enrichment opportunities and pastoral support to target excellence and create a values-based family of teachers, children and parents.
Located in the heart of Dubai, in a developing residential community, Hartland’s unique vantage point is the iconic landmark of the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai Mall and Downtown Business area of the city. The school will operate from Foundation Stage to Year 11 in the academic year 2020 and anticipates natural year on year growth in the secondary section in the coming years. We offer the National Curriculum for England and plan to offer GCSE’s / IGCSE’s, ‘A’ Levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school was recently awarded the Patrons Accreditation and Compliance Award from COBIS, The Challenge Award from NACE and is a member of BSME.
To lead, promote and manage the admissions process and registration for all prospective new students and their families. To meet enrolment targets and ensure the smooth transition of new students into school. To support the school and corporate team as we drive enrolments for the school.
- Create a positive first impression for new prospective parents and students visiting the school and explain the process of enrolment and regulations
- Drive enrolments and meet set targets
- Lead daily school tours and organise and conduct student assessments
- Understand the Ministry of Education and KHDA requirements to meet compliance needs
- Manage the admissions procedure from start to end, detailing all paperwork and fees required
- Maintain accurate student records and run weekly reports of admissions figures and targets for the weekly marketing meetings with regard to the projected numbers of students.
- Collation of all documents in relation to marketing events
- Understand the curriculum and fees in order to answer parents’ questions
- Respond promptly to parent inquiries by email, phone and in person
- Manage student documentation during the offer process
- Collect and analyse student assessment data
- Respond to parents with student offers or rejections
- Maintain a student information database
- Manage the exit process for students including documentation
- Maintain accurate and up to date student files
- To support and collaborate with the Heads of School, Arabic Secretary, PRE, accounts and all other key personnel
- Ensure school policies and procedures are followed
- Attend events relevant to admissions
- Attend all relevant meetings
- Prepare class lists in conjunction with the Principal and other team members
- Work closely with the SEN and EAL teams on new student admissions
- Communicate with parents regularly and appropriately
- Develop links with neighboring nurseries to attract new admissions
- Must have previously worked as a Registrar or Admissions Officer in a school
- Fluent English Speaker
- Excellent IT skills (including Databases)
- Exceptional written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Additional languages would be advantageous
- Be committed to the Hartland Values
- Working hours are 7.20am-4.30pm daily, Sunday to Thursday, with occasional weekends and evenings for events
- This position is a local contract and is not a term-time only position
How to Apply
Candidates wishing to apply should send a copy of their CV and a covering letter to the HR Manager, Mrs Elizabeth Riley using the submission form below. Please include a recent photograph.
Hartland International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be subject to a police check.
Only shortlisted candidates contacted. Start date for this position is Sunday 8 March 2020.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.