Job Number 20022429
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs, including answering calls, dispatching requests and following up to ensure satisfaction with result. Be involved in all front office related projects and duties when required.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Attend to each call in a courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette according to the Marriott International standards.
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues.
- Maintain a log of all guest requests as well as guest response. Information should include:
o Guest name, room number and folio number
o Service request issue
o Time of call
o Agent name
o Action taken / resolution
o Follow up information, including final status
- Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information within the hotel and local area information.
o Local hotels , address, telephone and fax numbers
o Travel agencies, Airlines, Car rentals, Taxi and limousine services o Money exchanges, Bank and automated teller machines (ATMS)
o Local restaurants, hours, type of food , price o Local attractions, hours, prices o Houses of worships, hours of services
o Shopping facilities, Government offices, Emergency numbers
- Record the guest’s name and room number under the wake up time requested. Repeat this information to the guest to ensure proper handling of wake up calls in the morning. Set wake up clock or input as request as they come in.
- Maintain a handover log for the next shift, e.g. VIP arrivals, in- house, extra care, car exceptions, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up, etc.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
- Be fully conversant with OPERA, GXP and AVAYA operation system.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
- Be aware of emergency procedures according to hotel policies & procedures and follows Supervisor/Manager’s instructions.
- Be familiar with all job aids, policies and procedures related to Front Office operations.
- Be aware of PCI compliance according to Marriott standards.
- Be Flexible to work various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be proactive in your job, giving proper handover to other colleagues/department head and to follow through.
- Showing positive attitude and inculcating the same within the team members.