Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 18/Feb/2020
Unposting Date: 27/Feb/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in region/country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Be updated on current events, regulatory issues and new and changing Sanctions regulations, in country, in the UK and the US, and internationally
- Provide Sanctions Compliance advice and guidance to businesses and functions in a timely, effective and constructive manner on client relationships, transactions, products and all other issues escalated to the Regional FCC Sanctions
- Ensure accurate, appropriate and timely completion of sanctions investigations in compliance with the relevant Sanctions Policies, Procedures and Departmental Operating Instructions for client investigation activities
- Ensure Client Sanctions Review team operates in compliance with the relevant Sanctions Policies, Procedures and Departmental Operating Instructions client investigation activities
- Support the business/functions/group/regions/countries with queries ensuring timely and constructive responses
- Support maintenance of process controls that are commensurate to the risk and effectively working for Sanctions Investigations and Operations team in compliance with the procedures and regulatory timescales
- Ensure breaches, Potential Circumvention Attempts and other reporting obligations are accurately and timely completed
- Support projects and inititives involving sanctions investigations ensuring risks are adequately highlighted and mitigated appropriately thereby enabling smooth implementation
People and Talent
- Identify training needs of Client Sanctions Review team and deliver the necessary training on a continuous basis
- Support Sanctions/ training programs to meet the training needs of FCC.
- Support Sanctions/ training programs to meet the training needs of the business
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to Client Sanctions Review, Case Management, AML Monitoring, CDD and Client Risk Assessments
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from geographies / customers / transactions.
- Identify financial crime risk indicators through various internal/external sources that impact SCB and its clients.
- Conduct a root cause analysis on the control/other failures to ensure lessons are learned across the bank.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Escalate immediately to Regional Head of Sanctions material breaches or potential breaches of sanctions laws, regulation or Group procedures
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
- Maintain reporting of key transactional related metrics to Financial Crime Compliance Sanctions leadership on a regular basis
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the AME Client Sanctions Review team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with business/functions in the effort of partnering to improve effectiveness of Sanctions Operations
- Build and maintain relationship with Country FCC teams in order to support in-country transactional activity and business queries, and to provide guidance and oversight of Sanctions Compliance processes
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in AME Sanctions Investigations and Operations team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.