Job Number 20023694
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Count float at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedure and events.
- Have knowledge of hotel rates, package and discounts.
- Have knowledge about all guest rooms, features and amenities plus all services offered by the hotel.
- Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
- To ensure a quick, efficient and friendly check in and departure of all guests. Ensuring that their details are entered onto the computer correctly and efficiently to the Brand Standards
- Assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- To understand the correct reservation procedures and to take any reservations if required, Be flexible according to the business needs.
- Be fully aware of hotel credit policy and procedures and ensure that it’s adhered at all time.
- Be knowledgeable and promote the Marriott rewards program.
- Keep yourself informed with all VIP arrivals.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule.
- Strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner at all times.
- Ensure that all guests are communicated with the credit policy and procedures upon check-in.
- Take initiative through empowerment to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Be fully aware of safety and emergency procedures.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on confidential basis.
- Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines and daily service basics.
- Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using “Guest Response Program” Assist a fellow associates in their Job to ensure that all are done on time.
- Use your Opera and other systems password with discretion. Log off the terminal when leaving the area.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attraction to provide the guests with all requested information.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or supervisor on duty.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night check list to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Ability to communicate with all managers, supervisors and fellow associates.
- Be aware of the Marriott brand standards and follow the thoroughly.
- Ensure that daily banking procedures are followed and performed as per the standards.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed, met and greeted, offered welcome drinks and /or cold towels (depending on brand) and escorted to the elevators and/or room according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.