Want to make your mark in manufacturing? As ,Packaging Intern you’ll have the freedom to gain hands-on experience producing some of the world’s leading consumer products.
Packaging Intern – 6-month contract
With complete involvement from day one, you’ll be part of world class manufacturing organisation. Taking responsibility for packaging projects from the outset, you’ll gain new skills and experience and be fully included as part of the team. Projects will vary. You’ll be at the heart of making our packaging even better tomorrow than it is today.
You’ll love it because…
…you’ll get to make an impact like never before. You’ll be responsible for your own projects – we can’t wait to listen to your ideas. The products you help us get out there will make people’s lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
- Support business to achieve both short and long term objectives and to make sure that site packaging development activities are performed against agreed functional targets.
- Support ME co-packers for all packaging technical requirements.
- Actively support local (NPD/EPD/Squeeze) activities and projects
- Close collaboration with Procurement, Supply and QM/QA to make sure the “Supplier Selection Process & Criteria” process is applied for selection/qualification of any new suppliers.
- Extract and collate regular internal/external Packaging benchmarks data to make sure that RB packing is cost-effective but not worse in quality than competition
- Update/Create/Publish all Packaging specifications in TDS and ensure TDS is used as Globally agreed (i.e. packaging component specifications / palletisation specifications / BOMs / Test methods / etc. are kept updated within the system)
- Make sure that existing Test methods (i.e. storage tests/transport tests/etc.) are applied.
- Actively support technical implementation (line trials, packaging qualification and validation) of Packaging projects at External Manufacturers.
- Collaboration with Packaging Teams in other regions .
- Work in partnership with multifunctional teams such as Supply, Marketing, R&D, Quality and Procurement to agree directions and project progress
- Maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Degree/Diploma in Packaging or Engineering or Science
- 0-1+ years related experience in FMCG (beneficial).
- Technical knowledge of material Science / Packaging materials, Specifications and related Packaging development processes.
- Open to learn, progress and focus.
- Open to learn; Knowledge of Manufacturing in Factories / Production / Operations.
- (Beneficial)Experience in processing of Packaging components and any other Packaging technologies i.e. printing, bottle blowing, cap moulding, laminates, aerosols, etc will be an added advantage
- Decision maker, Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Good planning and organisational ability.
- Ambitious and flexible. Capable of working independently
- High level of interpersonal communication ability
- Ability to influence and to motivate others.
- Works effectively multifunctional teams, promotes team effort,
- Analytical skills
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.