Manager, Commercial Support Team (CST) / Permanent full time employee position
GardaWorld Security Services Middle East and Africa / Reporting to Senior Manager CST
Place of work/Travel:
Dubai and globally to our Management Offices, and other locations where the company has operations or where clients may be located (CST specific).
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Company-wide with a focus on Regional Directors, Country Managers and CRMs
Externally: Clients, government and statutory authorities, and service providers.
The incumbent will support the Senior Manager CST and other members of the business through the bid production and bid management process, in order to meet and exceed client requirements. This role will have full responsibility for the preparation of high quality technical responses to proposals and bids, and will work closely in consultation with relevant country and/or regional leadership teams and the pricing team. The individual will also play an important role in the research and discovery of new and potential business leads as well as developing sector specific knowledge within the security industry.
- Prepare clear and concise written proposals for review by the Senior Manager, CMs, RDs, MDs or VP Commercial Services that focus on core and new markets.
- Participate in the research for and dissemination of new potential opportunities through online resources (FBO.gov, TED, UNGM, etc.) and existing sources (clients, field personnel).
- In consultation with internal stakeholders, prepare comprehensive summaries (SOBs) of opportunities and RFP requirements as well as kick off meetings for senior management bid/no bid decisions.
- Support the capture management process through input on current capabilities, pricing and operational effectiveness.
- Review RFP/RFQ/RFI/PQQ/EOI requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Develop messages (storyboards, executive summaries) that present the solution with clear, measurable benefits.
- Identify and interview internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and writers responsible for providing required information.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed within specified timeframes and all necessary approvals are obtained prior to execution
- Research or ask for identification of potential Teaming Partners, resources, vendors to utilize in competitive proposals;
- Assist the Senior Manager in Client Relations and Contract Management post-award
- Draft client-specific staffing plans, scopes of work, resumes, management plans, transition plans, and quality assurance plans in coordination with SMEs if specifically required in an RFP
- Coordinate and/or create graphics, flow charts, diagrams, and other images that visually underscore key messages and narratives
- Provide technical and commercial support during the proposal review
- Provide post-proposal support, to include creating PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare and submit list of questions to client prospect and solicit operational field input
- Create draft text, final text, and graphics copy-edited and error-free
- Proof-read and edit colleagues’ and self-drafted content to rapidly produce clear and accurate documents, in accordance with client requirements and company style guides
- Conduct final quality checks of all proposals, including compliance with RFP specifications, formatting, pagination, grammar, language, punctuation, syntax, readability, production, and packaging of proposal for delivery
- Edit documents created by other departments and senior management as needed
- Produce documents electronically and/or in print
- Complete other projects as assigned
- As required, provide support to the Contractor Operational Support Team
The Manager, CST is accountable to the Senior Manager CST for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
Refer to GardaWorld Authority Matrix.
- Knowledge of operational and technical physical security issues
- Understanding of Socio-Economic factors within the Middle Eastern and Africa region
- Ability to produce complex conceptual written proposals/documentation (aimed at new business)
- Must be able to assist in the production and negotiation of formal written agreements and contracts
- Ability and willingness to work both within a highly structured team environment and autonomously, depending upon proposal requirements
- Consultative approach and able to adapt easily to changes in deadlines and project terms
- Highly developed sense of ethics and values
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with wide variety of stakeholders
- Able to respond quickly to client requirements and maintain project pace
- Superior communication skills – able to write clearly, succinctly and convincingly in a structured and methodical manner to meet objectives
- Analytical approach to all data presented and an interest in understanding data in a wider context
- Constantly monitors quality across the proposal and bid process and ensures legal compliance at all times
- Ability to maintain composure and work productively in a fast paced environment
- Tertiary education within a relevant discipline such as Business International Studies
- APMP Certification at Foundation level or above
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in bid management with a focus on preparation of complex client proposal documentation
- Experience with identifying new business opportunities and with managing and developing current business networks
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Word and Excel in particular
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a similar role in the industry preferred
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.