Posted Date: Feb 20 2020
Independent Business Monitoring Manager
We have an opportunity to join our Global Ethics and Compliance team as an Independent Business Monitoring Manager, based at either our Brentford London office, Dubai or Istanbul. Building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships is crucial in this role, and you will be given the visibility to the broader compliance framework in GSK which provides fluid career opportunities in the future.
The purpose of this role is to participate in and oversee the delivery of Independent Business Monitoring (“IBM”) reviews, to help ensure GSK is maintaining the highest standards. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Independently manage and perform monitoring reviews (internal and external) in accordance with the Global Ethics and Compliance (“GEC”) IBM framework and GSK’s Internal Control Framework. This includes partnering with our third-party testing providers to plan, execute and report on monitoring activity.
- Ensure monitoring reviews are focused on key risk areas and are done to an appropriate standard.
- Oversee the work done by the external consultant to ensure delivery of the monitoring plan against quality standards and on time.
- Interpret data and identify trends to direct monitoring activity and to inform senior stakeholders.
- Contribute to monitoring strategy within the region as well as globally.
- Partner with the business and Compliance to provide remediation guidance or support implementation of controls to mitigate identified and emerging risks.
- Contribute to the IBM strategy and continued improvement of the IBM process.
This role requires effective written and verbal communication, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities. You will find natural ease in building and maintaining relationships internally and with external stakeholders. It is important to be able to think critically and flexibly in this role to drive the highest standards and hold accountability for the success of independent business monitoring within a defined area.
Closing date for Applications: COB 6 March 2020
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Relevant and demonstrable pharmaceutical or related field experience
- Demonstrable experience in compliance, audit, Medical Affairs, Quality Assurance, or pharmaceutical commercial practices.
- Knowledge of:
- Applicable global, regional and local regulations in the life sciences industry
- Research and development of drugs
- Approach and perspectives of regulatory agencies.
- Profit & loss management
- Ability to:
- Assess risks in a given area/function and understand compliance requirements.
- Solve complex problems
- Function effectively and strategically in teams.
- Manage delivery of multiple global projects and programs, which can contain regional focus/drivers in a culturally diverse and matrix organisation.
- Manage cross-functional activities.
- Engage, report to, negotiate with and deliver presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Write impactful reports and perform basic data analyses
- High degree of organisational awareness.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
Preferred skills & experience:
- A broad life sciences or pharmaceutical industry background with experience in pharmaceutical research or commercial operations is highly regarded.
- Experience within data analysis
- Degree level education
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centers in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.