Position: Executive Housekeeper
As an Executive Housekeeper, you are responsible for the operation of all Housekeeping functions in Guestrooms, offices and public areas, including corridors and stairwells whilst establishing standards of cleanliness and appropriate décor of these areas.
Overall responsibility for the day-to-day and long term operations of the Housekeeping and Laundry operation to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness in the entire hotel.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages & supervises the Housekeeping operations.
- Manages & supervises the entire Housekeeping team.
- Manages and supervises the Laundry team and day to day operations.
- Hire and train Employees whilst maintaining a close payroll control, reducing the number of casuals during low seasons.
- Maintain a close liaison and communication with Front Office and Revenue/Groups Departments to ascertain and meet anticipated Guest check-ins and outs, VIP arrivals and group bookings.
- Communicate regularly with the Engineering Department to ensure smooth flow of repair work and adequate completion of daily maintenance tasks and preventive maintenance jobs to adhere to the local Government requirements.
- Maintains linen room and repair services.
- Makes recommendation to Management for modernization of equipment, methods or supplies
- Alwasy keep updating the Out of order room, rooms under maintenance and make sure the rooms have been followed up with the concerned to release from the system and make it ready.
- Supervises and arranges the taking of physical inventorie of guest room linens, ameneties, cleaning supplies & other utilities at the frequency determined by Management.
- Organise and manage linen inventories for Guest rooms and assist with Food & Beverage linen inventories to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained.
- Maintain and Control the overall functions of the Linen Room and repair services to the established standards.
- Maintain the inventory of Guestroom and cleaning supplies, ordering replacements when necessary, control the expenses as budgeted.
- Communicate and work closely with the Accounts Department in order to keep expenses within monthly forecasts.
- Work with the Engineering, Management on rehabilitation, or redecorating plans and Room History Records
- Responsible for general hotel linen inventories including the Food & Beverage linen in coordination with F&B Department on regular basis
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning of the departments.
- Committed to achieve maximum associates satisfaction, productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Conduct regular inspections and daily supervision of the hotel to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Prepares annual linen budget basing the calculation on quantity in inventory and linen losses
- Prepares annual uniform budget, Housekeeping (FF&E) and Operating Equipment budget in consultation with Management
- Manage operating expenses to maximize costs while providing excellent guest services.
- Coordinate department’s activities with other departments to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Bear ultimate responsibility for monitoring consumption and ordering replacement of guest and cleaning supplies.
- Closely supervise the cleanliness standard of the hotel through regular inspection and follow-up
- Efficient use of the QEMS system to record & follow-up all guest enquiries including Request, Compalaints, Incidents and mainternace requests.
- Ensure effective communication and understanding with the team
- Works and assists in the development, implementation and sustaining of cleaning activities focused on improving guest satisfaction.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform and regular inventory.
- Organize regular on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Ensure all team members are propery trained with all housekeeping / Laundry SOPs including safety and security issues, lost & found and incident reportings.
- Conduct/attend daily briefings to communicate hotel operational issues. Attend other meetings as required/ requested by the management.
- Conduct brand standard compliance and procedural audits for housekeeping and ensure full compliance with Gloria brand standards.
- Motivate, engcourage and lead the housekeeping team to a higher performance.
- Conduct the Annual Performance Review and appraisal for your team as per the company standard and policies.
- Create a culture of environmental friendly activities with in your department including recycling, proper use of water/chemicals and energy.
- Professionally represent the hotels in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as team player with other key executive members.
- Provide constructive feedback to all your team members.
- Participate in any revenue enhancing projects, activities and initiatives
- Be a leader and role model to all associates.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned by the management.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, you may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, you are required to fully comply with Gloria rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.