No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate person ready for a bigger scope of responsibility. You have the ability to foster collaborative relationships resulting in the establishment of strong communication networks. You create an environment where IKEA’s values are a strong and living reality that adopts the diversity of co-workers and visitors
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Graduate in Commerce/ Accounting background in an advantage
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role, IKEA experience is an advantage
- 2 – 3 years of experience in handling till transaction
- Good experience in Mathematical, Organisational and Customer Service Skills
- Arabic speaker is advantage
About the role
You will assist the Customer Service Manager in controlling and managing the execution of pre-determined tasks within the CS Department. You will monitor and control day to day job tasks and ensure service performance standards. You will ensure smooth inter-departmental interactions and effectively manage and motivate co workers towards achievement of work objectives
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Receives, counts and signs off for cash float for the day form the Accounts Department.
- Ensure that the cash and coins are organised properly as per their denomination in the till.
- Prepares reconciliation document at the end of the business day accounting for all transaction. All errors to be pointed out and look to be rectified.
- Ensure that the transaction is timely and efficient, and there are no unnecessary delays.
- Ensures that the cashiers are trained and no item goes through the check out point without being scanned and accounted for.
- Train the Trainer
- Checking that the company is not subject to any fraudulent currency or a loss thereby.
- Check customer trolley in a polite manner so as to ensure that all items have been scanned.
- Ensure the waiting times are maintained as per the business plan
- Ensures that the Retail Pro system used by the cashiers is operational and has been updated with latest product information
- Ensure that all the relevant instruments for the smooth operation of the cash till are available i.e. the rolls for the credit card, belt is working, printer is working, documents for credit notes and other stationeries.
People Management and Development
- Motivating the cashiers towards achievement of work objectives. Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
- Be Train the Trainer for the cash department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings.
- Support the check out manager in managing the team by participating with their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews.
- Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the cashiers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
- Ensure that the cashiers are providing an excellent customer service and acknowledge the customers in line at the till
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.