Job Number 20022447
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for cleaning and maintaining of assigned areas to the required standards as lay down by Housekeeping Shift leader / Housekeeping Supervisor. The primary areas of responsibility will be room or public space cleaning, however the same standards are to be maintained in other designated areas as assigned from time to time.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Responsibilities while cleaning Guest Rooms:
- No excessive noise to be made in the guest room areas, as it may disturb a guest. This has to be applied any time during the day or night while on the floor.
- Priority to the checkouts / arrivals to be given when scheduled for the preparation of the rooms. The only exception to prioritize the occupied rooms is based on guest request.
- Check for DND’s before entering an occupied room. Inform your Shift leader/Office coordinator of any room discrepancies, extra departures, and extended stays (The Shift leader /Office coordinator will also inform you if there is changes).
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying “Housekeeping,” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms, such as toiletries, glasses, mugs, linens, towels, tissues, coffee, printed materials, and laundry bags according to standards.
- Replace dirty linens (e.g., sheets, pillow cases) and terry (e.g., towels, bathrobes) with clean items, following correct bed making and folding standards.
- Clean bathrooms, including bathtub/hot tub/shower, toilet, floor, sink, and mirror.
- Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items from room and balcony/patio.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order (e.g., hair dryer, television and remote, DVD player, microwave).
- Straighten desk items, e.g. newspapers or magazines, furniture, and appliances and restore to original positions.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings (e.g., appliances, furniture, ice bucket, honor bar, baseboards, ledges, entrance door).
- Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
- Special cleaning of the day to be performed.
- To report any faulty electronics, lights, plumbing, telephone etc. via Guestware/IVR to the maintenance department / Housekeeping Shift leader as well to be filled in the respective room checklists.
- Change the room status as appropriate, e.g. occupied clean, vacant pick up etc.
- When the section is completed, the carts & HK pantry to be arranged
- To provide a Turn down (Nightly Refresh) service as per the JW Marriott Marquis standard.
Responsibilities while cleaning Public Areas:
- Clean public and employee restrooms and showers, including stocking bathroom with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces, and emptying trash.
- Clean glass (e.g., windows, mirrors) in public and employee areas by removing dust, spots, and smears.
- Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g., mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, stain remover).
- Dust surfaces in assigned area, including furniture, fixtures, woodwork, pictures, public or house phones, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling or disposal.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to manager/supervisor.
- Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps, light fixtures, and light switches, checking that they are in proper working condition, and reporting burnt-out bulbs.
- Perform cleaning activities within the property as directed by the supervisor with proper use of equipment and materials for maintaining a high standard of hygiene and appearance and in accordance with the laid down procedures.
- Complete routine cleaning activities within the area of responsibility within the specified timeframe and in accordance with the laid down procedures
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment used are regularly cleaned and in safe and working condition and they are returned to their original location so that it is easily accessible for the next shift.
- Ensure that maintain all cleaning tools etc. in good condition. Returning them to their original stores to avoid any delay for the next shift.
- Inform the Shift leader of any additional maintenance, cleaning or repairs that have to be conducted.
- Report the items or valuables found on the property in order to help maintain the reputation of the property
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.