We are looking to recruit a dynamic School Secretary from May 2020.
WSO is a large, fast paced Academy, with nearly 4000 students. The Primary School Secretary needs to facilitate and coordinate all secretarial and administrative functions to ensure the smooth running of the Primary School. They should act as an ambassador to the school and perform in an efficient, professional, and confidential manner all job duties.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Maintain high quality communication from and within the school office. Liaise with tact and diplomacy with school staff, parents and representative of the GEMS Corporate Office.
- Generate and process daily office e-mails, telephone calls and faxes
- Perform a wide variety of general secretarial duties including the maintenance of accurate and detailed records, databases, and filing systems.
- Maintain Primary Leadership Team’s appointment calendars as well as all their professional communication and public relations needs.
- Compile information from various sources to generate reports; prepare, collate and distribute weekly, monthly and annual reports as required.
- Review and update all documentations, calendars and all school related activities. Organize and coordinate office management activities and oversees school events. Communicate information to faculty, staff, parents, and students.
- Maintain office supply records. Order, store and issue supplies and materials pertinent to the function to which assigned.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors
- Educated to Degree level
- Strong communication skills with excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Strong ICT skills desirable.
- Able to handle a range of tasks, work under pressure and relate well to children and colleagues
- High level of tact and diplomacy at all times
About your Benefits
This position offers a local Administrative contract, with a competitive salary, medical insurance and generous holiday allowance.