Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
“TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 100,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILST IN-FLIGHT”
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 80,000 people in 68 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security and Digital Identity and Security.
We have been present in UAE for over 35 years and with over 300 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day and following Emirates selection of Thales AVANT inflight entertainment system and Thales connectivity solution to equip the airlines 777X fleet, work in partnership with Emirates to develop and enhance the state-of-the-art inflight entertainment and connectivity (IFEC) system to be fitted on Emirates new Boeing 777X aircraft. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi’s airport.
Thales people design solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
IN-FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT and CONNECTIVITY
What does it take to develop a world-class entertainment system that’s used 30,000 feet in the air? The Thales In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFE) product offers an end-to-end solution that supports our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies 40% of the world’s IFE systems and is committed to becoming the industry leader. Trusted by over 100 airline companies and used by over 200 million passengers a year, the Thales InFlyt Experience team powers the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class solution.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A REGIONAL SALES MANAGER EuMEA Region TO JOIN THE THALES IN-FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT & CONNECTIVITY TEAM IN DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) for the IFEC – EuMEA Region, based in Dubai, will be the Sales Manager on certain accounts and airline customers in the Middle East Region
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales Manager / Key Account Manager on certain accounts/airlines
- Anticipate RFP or IFE project in line with the strategy
- Be Accountable for order in-take for his/her accounts
- Respect and apply the Win BID procedure
- Use Strategic Selling for
- Chase & Capture Plan
- Blue sheet
- Build-up and Develop customer relationship
- Accurate Reporting on the on-going Sales Campaign
- Contribute to the increase of Thales IFE market share
- Feed back to the Marketing Manager for market expectation and product evolution
- Build up competitor awareness
- Participate to dedicated trade and industry shows
- Frequent traveling to visit Airline portfolio with a particular focus his/her accounts in the Middle East Region
- Support the development of local partnerships on dedicated accounts
The position will require flexibility in working hours (Head Office based in Irvine, US) and frequent travels (30% of time) both regional and towards our Irvine Head Office.
Your contributions to Thales’ cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the United Arab Emirates, we provide careers – not jobs.
Visit https://www.thalesgroup.com/careers to find our full list of open positions.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
5 years of experience min. in Sales and a preference to previous Sales experience in the Thales Group and/or the IFE industry and/or commercial aviation
QUALIFICATION, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in the English language. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Arabic language will be an additional asset. Very good computer skills including advanced Excel.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Take care of your own safety and the safety of others as far as is practicable.
- To be aware of, and play an active role in the development and implementation of the HSE Management System, project HSE requirements and Policy Statements.
- Understanding your personal responsibilities and contribute to achieving compliance with the HSE Management System requirements, understand the potential consequences of non-compliance to the HSE arrangements and commits to stated policies above;
- Comply with local laws and legislation regarding HSE.
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced within their departments and among subcontractors and third parties working in Thales’s controlled premises/systems.
- Do not interfere with or change, adjust anything that is provided for safety unless fully trained to do so.
- Promote a good HSE culture within their departments and among their peers, subcontractors and third parties;
- Lead by example and actively encourage their departments to look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments.
- Conduct regular reviews on the HSE Management System Performance within their areas of responsibility and seek ways of continual improvement.
- Every one within Thales has the right to stop work if they believe that their activities may affect the health and safety or that of others. In this circumstance such conditions must be reported immediately to their line manager and the HSE department.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!