The Event Operations, BOH department manages activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. Event Operations, BOH includes the following service areas: Cleaning & Waste Management, Logistics, Site Management
The Dispatcher is responsible for assisting in the management of the Expo 2020 Logistics fleet of trucks and operational vehicles and the Drivers maneuvering those vehicles. The Dispatcher must liaise directly with internal and external stakeholders and maintain contractual obligations throughout the Fit Out Phase, Event Time Phase and Decommissioning.
- Responsible for managing all trucks obtained via Expo 2020 Logistics’ third party logistics provider (3PL) and operational vehicles;
- Accountable for managing the ‘health’ of each vehicle: oil and petrol levels, tire pressure, telematics systems, ensuring each cab is clean prior to dispatch and that all systems are working;
- Responsible for maintaining Driver schedules and ensuring that working hours are adequate and in line with the project;
- Responsible for administering Driver Training on a constant basis or as required by the Driver and Fleet Manager;
- Directly liaise with the Driver and Fleet Manager to review current planning assumptions and modeling of operations;
- Supports the Driver and Fleet Manager with audits to ensure compliance with the 3PL, local, Federal and Expo guidelines for safety, hazardous materials, security, environmental, and OSHA;
- Supports in the development of a comprehensive report at the end of the event detailing each event phase in terms of efficiencies, areas of the operation that need further development, and how operations were improved by taking a more sustainable approach;
- Maintain communication channels with and between drivers and suppliers;
- Responsible assisting in the contract management of the 3PL regarding vehicles, Drivers and maintenance;
- Must be an expert in the developed Driver training program that combines general knowledge with Expo 2020 Dubai site specific information.
2+ years’ experience in a Fleet and/or Driver Management role, a minimum of 2+ years in managing a hub or freight distribution operation with direct exposure to external stakeholders:
- A bachelors degree with in a relevant field;
- Experience managing personnel and being responsible for a team of individuals;
- Experience in the use of scheduling and/or and transport systems;
- Excellent experience in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English; ability to express complex concepts clearly and simply;
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance and mechanical troubleshooting;
- Experience in resource restoring and scheduling;
- Experience in major events;
- Understanding of logistics and supply chain management.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.