We have a fantastic opportunity for somebody to join ourGeneral Motors Team.Reporting to theProcess & Inventory Control Manager,you will be responsible for supervising and correctly assessing inventory balancing with regards to availability of physical stock in pick locations and applying stock control processes to ensure that system and physical stock balances and errors are rectified. Through this achieving optimum throughput in productivity ensuring on time deliveries and ensuring that the responsible team are cross skilled to provide support across the business.
You will also be responsible for:
- Understanding the various Warehouse management systems and how it interfaces with customer systems.
- Maintaining acceptable levels of ongoing knowledge of WMS system.
- Planning, monitoring and executing the system of cycle counting across all WMS accounts.
- Working alongside of various clients to prepare for financial stock takes and bringing to resolution all discrepancies post stock take.
- Ensuring where required that system to system reconciliation and mismatch reporting is carried out.
- Reporting any issues of non-conformance.
- Fixing all stock control issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing necessary reports on stock counts, inbound & outbound status reports, stock movement, ageing report and any other reports as required by the Supervisor or customer.
- Providing assistance with regards to improvement of processes which has an impact on efficiencies in the warehouse.
- Leading process design develop preliminary process documentation, process flow diagrams and charts for operational processes
- Monitoring and improving the efficiency and quality of existing processes and develops proposals for improvement.
- Studying and completing data analysis pertaining to operations performance and other related continuous improvement projects using tools like Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, or other data analysis tools.
- Ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified safety and local regulations
- Working closely with other specialists like quality assurance, inventory control, operation, IT or planning to implement planned process improvements.
- Initiating and executing 6S projects for workplace organization
- Applying a structured process improvement approach to plan and execute the projects
- Completing other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering related discipline.
- 0 to 3 year experience in Industrial Engineering /Production/ Automotive or Warehousing/ Logistics field.
- Strong Mathematical and analytical capabilities. Time study, work measurement, and warehouse floor data collection experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, distribution, logistics and related processes is desired.
- Ability to develop AutoCAD layouts for projects and maintain building layouts in AutoCAD.
- The ability to think in terms of process flow and identify operational component operations and interrelationships.
- Very Good MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, Technical Writing Skills preferred.
- Experience in process improvement methodologies like LEAN, Six Sigma or Kaizen preferred.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic project management skills
- Experience with ERP, CRM, WMS systems is a plus
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.