- Coordination of strategic development of resources within the SE region (METNA UAE&Gulf), including approval of training plans, career development planning, conducting periodic performance reviews, coaching/counselling SE’s for their professional growth.
- Review of resource utilisation, planning for specialised coverage of all major sales activity areas (Direct, Channel, OEM and Marketing), and review of the resource matching process
- Recruiting and hiring of SE’s to fill staffing requirements
- Motivation, development, and retention of all SE’s ; development will address both technical skills and softskills
- Participation in regular territory reviews with regional sales directors resulting in a detailed understanding of the top deals in the region.
- Direction of the SE Team Leads and other SE’s within the region, and development of long-term coverage plans for the SE region
- Account management activities may include development of account strategy, high-level presentations, problem resolution, relationship development, and coordination of corporate resource involvement with the top five prospects within the region
- Additional responsibilities include development of relationships with other organisations inside VMware as well as maintaining current knowledge of both corporate and industry direction
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
- Regional Sales team
- Regional Channel team
- Regional Marketing team
- South EMEA and METNA SE organization
- Regional Manager(s) and Director(s)
- Demonstrated virtualized infrastructure and cloud experience
- Technical sales or consulting skills are essential
- Relationship building skills – is able to establish positive internal relationships with colleagues and management peers
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency as a leader of individual contributors in a professional environment.
- Strong people management skills including: hiring, developing, motivating and retaining pre-sales people and an ability to manage any performance shortfall.
- Demonstrates high ethics and integrity – is respected
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Qualification in business or engineering discipline or equivalent training and industry experience
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-02
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Engineering Systems-Engineering Job ID: R2002840