Ready to put your project engineer expertise to work on marquee projects that will change the fabric of our communities? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of engineering tasks on large scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Project Engineer for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your advanced project and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, teamoriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and leadership skills. In this role you will integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and startup aspects of a small project. May manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations. Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance. Relocation to the project site may be required during construction and startup activities.
- The Irrigation Engineer will assist the Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project in regard to irrigation activities. He will participate in review and approval of all submittals by the contractors and involves in the quality control and quality assurance. He will lead the work inspectors in his discipline to ensure that all construction activities have been performed as per the contract and specifications.
- Act as the Engineer site representative.
- Ability to realize project requirements and deliver in accordance with company/client requirements and guidelines.
- Ability to project plan and manage multiple tasks within a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to oversee and manage all aspects of site construction activities including contractual related documentation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Identify and prepare appropriate project solutions and options.
- Provide support to ensure smooth execution of projects.
- Perform duties in accordance with company’s highest quality expectations, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform any other essential duties that immediate superior may assign from time to time.
- Assist in supervising the construction of irrigation and associated works.
- Coordinate his direct activities with the other engineers and members of the construction supervision team.
- Assist the Resident Engineer in reviewing of shop drawings, design proposals, method statements and other activities.
- Maintain the daily diary and the daily reports by the inspectors.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the inspectors and surveyors as applicable.
- Convene and chair special meetings with the Contractor, subcontractors and other parties related to his work.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
- Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the RE and the Project Safety Representatives.
- Provide all necessary on-site direction and assist the Resident Engineer to issue site instructions with respect to irrigation and associated items.
- Check and measure the performed work in his line of work, record and assist the Resident Engineer to display progress vs. programmed work.
- Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings within his line of work.
- The Irrigation Engineer must have relevant degree from recognized university and must have thoughtful knowledge and work experience of not less than 10 years in design, construction and supervision of Landscape and irrigation projects.
- Must also have full and complete knowledge of existing infrastructure Networks in the Emirates of Dubai. He must also have thoughtful knowledge and work experience pipelines, connection Chambers and Pumping Station works, non-disruptive road crossings.
- Must have also through knowledge and experience in the design of infrastructure works.
- Must have also work experience in dealing with emergency works. He must be able to deal with Public and coordinate with various Dubai Municipality and other infrastructure Authorities Projects.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Capacity to make decision. Demonstrated ability to prepare instructions, specifications, and reports and cost estimates.
- Capacity to take decision.
- Ability to liaise with DM and other infrastructure Authorities.
- Experience in public sector projects is preferable
- Fluent and accurate in written and spoken English
- Ability to represent the company in meetings with client representatives and in accordance with company values.
- Portfolio of built work which demonstrates technical capabilities and showing excellent site management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm to contribute/participate in business development and growth
_Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.