Emerson is seeking a Laboratory Engineer for a leading Steel Foundry located in Sharjah, UAE. We have a growing reputation in the industry founded on our ability to “Commit Right Deliver Right.” Through sound investments, we have enhanced our technical capabilities and production process controls to produce high quality engineered castings for critical applications.
Our expertise reaches across a wide spectrum of metals through carbon and low alloy steels, stainless steels, duplex, super duplex steels and nickel alloys. ETC produces castings from 20 Kgs (44 lbs) to 10 tons (22,000 lbs) net weight, which can be pre machined or fully machined to order.
- The Laboratory Engineer will be responsible for performing laboratory procedures to test the quality of raw materials, finished products & test bars.
- Carries out Mechanical / Metallurgical / corrosion testing
- Performs chemical analysis on materials before & after melting of raw materials and provide relevant reports to production team
- Prepares Certificate for Material Test Reports in line with the customer requirements.
- Provide recommendations to Production team on how to revise the Metallurgy of the Raw Materials to address specific issues.
- Deploys, designs, modifies and optimizes test and calibration equipment, create relevant technical documentation.
- Controls and Monitors the Lab Equipment calibration along with QA Team
- Ensures EHS requirements being met in line with company and values.
- Ensures the test specimens are prepared as per the standard.
- Provides analysis of results, including statements of conformity or opinions and interpretations.
- Diploma in Chemistry / Metallurgy or Equivalent
- 5 Year’s experience in the similar function in the Chemical / Mechanical Testing Laboratory preferably from steel industry.
- Knowledge on Metallurgical structures.
- Working experience with MS Office
- Exposure to ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 requirement
- Exposure to testing standards.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.