John Crane is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician with electrical and mechanical background, to be part of our Service centre team in Dubai.
You will be required to fabricate and repair parts by using machine shop tools and equipment including CNC lathe & milling machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using power tools & measuring instruments, hand tools…
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Troubleshoot and repair motors, mechanical circuits, and all mechanical and electrical systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Routine and on-the-spot tests of all mechanical and electrical systems and circuits must be performed regularly.
- Electrical maintenance technicians write cost analysis reports for maintaining, upgrading, and repairing machinery and electrical systems.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Diploma or University degree in Engineering or relevant vocational technical qualification
- Professional demonstrable experience in workshop service.
- Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural environment is an advantage.
- Lapping (a plus) and polishing knowledge
- Self-driven, capable of making decisions.
- Knowledge of John Crane products is an advantage.
- Able to use Microsoft word, excel and access
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We’re proud that we’ve been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we’re an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do―it is our legacy. Our core values―respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion―guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There’s never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.