No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High school graduate
- 3 – 4 years of food purchasing experience from food trading, food retailing or hotel and restaurant
- Good knowledge of MS Office with Excel skills
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with diversity between the colleagues.
- A strong knowledge and passion about food.
- Strong drive, a problem solving approach and challenge diverse topics.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise
- To maintain store standards, Food and safety to the required level
About the role
You are responsible for purchasing and supplying all national IKEA FOOD products. You organize, prepare and implement the national Food purchase according to the IKEA purchasing processes and specified standards, by optimizing the efficiency in the supply chain.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure ordering and receiving procedures is done according to the IKEA FOOD requirements.
- Responsible for developing and purchasing food products and ensuring the complete range is in compliance with legislative (list relevant legislations applicable by country) and IKEA FOOD requirements in the areas of Quality and Environment.
- Responsible for the development of a strong and vital national/local range for restaurants, cafés and bistros by guaranteeing an optimal relation between quality and price that is in accordance with the IKEA FOOD strategy, food trends and the profile of our customers
- Ensure that the monthly IFB stock take is implemented according to set guidelines
- Prepares monthly discrepancy report and initiate control measures and follow-up
- Be prepared to work out quick solutions in case of overstock and/or shortage of products.
- Establish and maintain a partnership with suppliers.
- Recognise and build key relationships with matrix partners and ensure an effective and efficient communication flow within your functional area with all relevant stakeholders.
- Process and document supplier’s requisitions in the NAVISON system.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the IFB supplies and storages
- Ensure day-to-day functions of store keepers are carried out in the department
- Receive important documents, mail and ordered supplies;
- Undertake Senior responsibilities as the IFB operation required
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking on a consistent basis.
- Coordinate with Cash Office and Finance for invoice payments and follow-up
- Ability to read and analyse KPI’s & P&L
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.