The Business Development Officer (BDO) initiates, expands and maintains business relationships with key stakeholders within the public and private sectors, mainly in Qatar. The BDO must be able to prospect on stakeholders’ current and future plans independently in order to achieve successful award of projects relevant to Contracting and Concessions business units.
The BDO must have the ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of the market environment in accordance with the company’s internal management reporting procedures.
Beyond the target region, the BDO should provide cross-functional support for various departments of different business units to ensure and facilitate a unified business management approach is implemented. Accordingly, the BDO should have knowledge and preferably experience in different types of sectors and activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain executive contact with key accounts, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships. Develop relationships with key account personnel at various levels. Identify shared goals, collaboratively builds ideas, influence actions.
- Drive prospects through to contract award (including identifying new customers and markets, developing approaches to the market, identifying prospects, proposal preparation, etc.)
- Works with proposal teams and client account managers or other business developers. Prepare and present business development proposals and presentations to new and existing clients.
- Collaborate with clients to ensure their ongoing satisfaction with the job delivered. Ensure coherence between the client’s needs and what the company offers.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate service development ideas.
- Providing management with feedback and reports. Constantly update database (CRM – Salesforce).
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in an Engineering / Engineering Management discipline.
- English (written & spoken) is required while Arabic and/or French would be an advantage.
- At least 3-5 years experience in a similar role with exposure to full project life cycle, from inception and feasibility study to design, construction and operations.
- Capable of evaluating, understanding and discussing technical matters such as processes, drawings, contractual documents among other construction related matters.
- Capable of leading a service development plan for clients as a strategy of establishing new lines of business.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Extensive relationship management, customer network, and consultative business development.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and computer literacy.
- Solution oriented through the application of advanced problem solving skills.
- Updated in innovative technologies, methods and solutions.
- Ability to achieve results through others without formalized line of authority.
- Skilled in engaging senior leadership support when appropriate.