The Supply Manager role will be responsible for identifying, auditing, selecting and developing an optimal supplier portfolio for the needs of the project management office in alignment with global Business Unit Installation. Furthermore the role is responsible to procure these products from different suppliers and align the needed product features with the capabilities of the supply network. This can include procuring custom designed products, “catalogue” items from different vendors or procuring services such as kitting, cutting & preassembly
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
In this role you are expected Identify, audit, select & develop an optimal supplier portfolio for the needs of the project management office (PMO). you will communicates with Hilti sales force (project manager, field engineers, International Business Developer, …), Bid & Proposal Manager, Product Management, Business Unit (BU) Development & Supply team in headquarters to understand & evaluate need for special product solution
You are also responsible to derive technical specification and cost of goods sold (COGS) target from interaction with sales force and other Hilti personnel, aligns technical specification and COGS target with capabilities of suppliers, and then align & derive specifications for supply services (e.g. cutting, kitting) and procures such services either within Hilti or with 3rd party vendor
You are also expected to procure “catalogue” products from different vendors based on established quality processes to fulfill customer requirements for Project Management Office (PMO) selected projects. You need to applies target costing approach when creating a product specification
You will also be responsible to create specific assembly instructions for Hilti fastening products for the use of subcontractors performing preassembly as well as define the complete supplier landscape setup within the region. As well as negotiate boundary conditions such as timing, cost and technical performance with Hilti suppliers and execute general & process audits at suppliers based on Hilti process landscape.
Finally, you will be expected to set up and maintains product documentation in Hilti’s enterprise resource management software, interact with global headquarters to ensure up to date know how on supply engineering, as well as collaborate and coordinate internal and external partners such as universities, third party laboratories and consulting engineers, as well as other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognized as one of the top ‘Great Place to Work’ employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you’ll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter where you’re from.
What you need is:
- Must have proven communication skills, that can be utilized for both field teams and internal functions (local & global), as well as customer interaction (via phone, email and occasionally face-to-face) and supplier interaction.
- strong analytical, conceptual and implementation skills
- Knowledge of relevant key manufacturing technologies such as metal rollforming & stamping – bending, as well as some coating technologies such as hot dip galvanizing.
- Strong organizational skills: Must be able to organize multiple projects
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams with multi-language capability preferred (English, Arabic(nice to have))
- Good computer skills:
- Windows based MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Power Point. User knowledge of enterprise resource management software SAP R/3 in Supply chain / Procurement or equivalent
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical preferred).
- 5 years minimum experience in engineering, product development, supply management or related technical field with 2-3 years minimum experience as supply engineer related to mechanical products.
- Proven supply auditor experience
Looking forward for your application
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.