No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have a passion for logistics and to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment. You are driven to exceed goals through people. You have interest for home furnishing, people life at home, and the IKEA range.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Graduate (Bachelor of Commerce) / Business Management
- 5 – 7 years Logistics, goods flow and supply chain management experience, IKEA experience preferred
- Knowledge of retail operations
- Advanced Computer skills (MS Office packages) and operating systems (Navision)
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to manage a high-volume and vibrant retail environment.
About the role
You will manage the Inventory Department of the IKEA store and support the sales departments. You will maintain consistent stock balances by adhering to strict inventory control procedures. You are responsible to monitor system processes and operating procedures ensuring smooth data flow, sales space capacities, recovery and physical movement of stock.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Maintain consistent stock balances by adhering to strict inventory control procedures.
- Reviews and upgrades inventory procedures as per the group policy and recommending it to the management and group audit for review.
- Manage daily routines to ensure store In Shape as new everyday.
- Work with Range to plan Sales and Store capacities.
- Be responsible for coordinating annual and perpetual inventories for the store.
- Analyzes stock deviation and discrepancies ascertaining a tolerance level for shrinkage.
- Designates the task of updating stock files to Inventory Assistant.
- Obtain and coordinate store requirements, to liaise efficient opening/closure of the store, deal with customer guidance and complaints and supervise all operating departments
- Review and monitor daily and monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and analysis reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures (e.g. reports relating to delivery accuracy, shrinkage, discontinued and sales lists, stock levels, stock ageing, etc.).
- Analyzes variances, explores problem areas and utilizes them for continuous improvement and appropriate recommendations
- Work together with the Logistics, Sales, Communication and Interior Design teams on sales space optimization and regular replenishments through the analysis of stock movements.
- The job holder is responsible for overstock and concrete articles.
- Acts as an interface between the Retail Warehouse and the Store to secure all administrative routines influencing the stock balance are maintained consistently.
- Secure routines maintaining the Basic Data Quality and efficient ordering which support lowest possible cost to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store in local market.
- Health and Safety requirements for loading and unloading trucks.
- Support regional requirements.
- Plan space capacity for peak trade.
- Concrete and slow sellers to be pushed through with Trinity.
- Be responsible for the annual Operational Review for the Supply Chain and Logistics Consultants.
- Periodically meets with the AF Group audit team for the assessment and validation of the inventory process of IKEA which includes the existing procedures, business application, documentation and final approvals of stock shrinkages after stock take.
People Management & Development
- Supervise the Inventory Control team to ensure highest level of work efficiency, and control operational costs.
- Ascertain adequate training and development initiatives to secure quality performance and succession needs.
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.